COMPLETE: The Wishing-Stone Stories by Thornton W. Burgess - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

RozeLynn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 7:09 pm Here's Section 5! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_05_burgess_128kb.mp3

Time was 21:31.
Very enjoyable reading! There are a few things to correct. I'm not sure if you accidentally uploaded the unedited version of your audio because there are quite a few repeats of misread text. However, I went ahead and listed for you everything that needs to be edited out.

Beginning- there is ~3 seconds of silence. Can you please cut it down to between 0.5 and 1 second?

7:09- misread and repeat of "And as he hopped along...those briars without being terribly scratched." The correct phrase is repeated at 7:26 so you can cut out the one at 7:09 with the mistake.

8:15- misread and repeat of "There it was again- Thump, thump thump! It had an ugly, threatening sound." The correct phrase is repeated at 8:26.

9:19- misread and repeat of "It was very clear that this was just what the other proposed to do if his thumps meant anything at all." The correct phrase is repeated at 9:30.

11:30- missing text "I'll live on one side, and you live on the other," replied Tommy. And so it was agreed."

13:31- misread and repeat of "-but I have to keep on". The correct phrase is repeat at 13:33.

17:51- misread and repeat of "In the moonlight he and Peter...they must need sit up every minute or so to stop." The correct phrase is repeated at 18:06.

Ending- the silence at the end need to be trimmed to ~5 seconds
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn »

Oh goodness. I must have uploaded the wrong one. So sorry! I'll get that fixed when I get home to my computer today. Thank you! :)
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:
BrianTheMagicLeopard

Post by BrianTheMagicLeopard »

jennlea wrote: October 28th, 2020, 9:06 pm Just had a listen and I thoroughly enjoyed your reading!

I have a couple of notes, all easy fixes:

Volume- as Larry mentioned above the volume level does need to be raised to meet the target of 89db.

12:48 to 12:51- there is almost a 4 second pause here which seems to disrupt the flow of the story. Shortening it a little might be more pleasing.

19:03- stumble "This by this time Tommy..."; text reads "By this time Tommy..." should be super easy to edit out the additional word.
Thank you very much for your kind words! I have made the edits you suggest, and raised the volume. I think I've got it right this time!

This recording clocks in at 30:45

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_09_burgess_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BrianTheMagicLeopard wrote: October 31st, 2020, 7:53 am
jennlea wrote: October 28th, 2020, 9:06 pm Just had a listen and I thoroughly enjoyed your reading!

I have a couple of notes, all easy fixes:

Volume- as Larry mentioned above the volume level does need to be raised to meet the target of 89db.

12:48 to 12:51- there is almost a 4 second pause here which seems to disrupt the flow of the story. Shortening it a little might be more pleasing.

19:03- stumble "This by this time Tommy..."; text reads "By this time Tommy..." should be super easy to edit out the additional word.
Thank you very much for your kind words! I have made the edits you suggest, and raised the volume. I think I've got it right this time!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_09_burgess_128kb.mp3
Thank you.
I've marked this Ready for Spot PL.
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BrianTheMagicLeopard wrote: October 31st, 2020, 7:53 am

You got it perfect! :clap:

Marking this as PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Signature: KATHLEEN
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
This is in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

So last week I recorded what I thought were my two sections -- 1 and 4. Even though 4 is done! And I didn't do 6, which I should have done.

I feel as though I'm losing my mind a little bit at a time.
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Hi,
Could I claim Section 2 please?
Thanks,
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

...and now I've finished six, run the noise reduction, amplified, compressed, and there is a rhythmic click throughout the entire 26 minutes (that is NOT in the room.) I think I need to quit for the day.
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ritzee44 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 1:39 pm Hi,
Thanks,
Glad to have you!
I've put you in for 2 and that makes this project fully subscribed!
Thank you.
~ Larry
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

silverquill wrote: November 1st, 2020, 7:27 pm
ritzee44 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 1:39 pm Hi,
Thanks,
Glad to have you!
I've put you in for 2 and that makes this project fully subscribed!
Thank you.
Awesome!
Thank you.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Enjoyed listening to your section very much :9:

Section 12 PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
markjurgens

Post by markjurgens »

Hi everyone!

I'm fresh out of the gate here, and I'd love to read a Thornton Book! .. looks like there is some chatter about "How it Happened that Reddy Fox Gained a Friend?"

Sign me up if there is a spot!

My children and I have been loving the Burgess books this fall. All on Librivox! Which, if you must know, is why I signed up - to help make more! :clap:

Thanks in advance!
Mark

p.s. Add my full name (sane as user name) to the signup sheet ;)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

markjurgens wrote: November 1st, 2020, 10:39 pm Hi everyone!

I'm fresh out of the gate here, and I'd love to read a Thornton Book! .. looks like there is some chatter about "How it Happened that Reddy Fox Gained a Friend?"

Sign me up if there is a spot!

My children and I have been loving the Burgess books this fall. All on Librivox! Which, if you must know, is why I signed up - to help make more! :clap:

Thanks in advance!
Mark

p.s. Add my full name (sane as user name) to the signup sheet ;)
Well, welcome!
I was happy to find a Thornton Burgess book that had been recorded of LibriVox yet. I'd be glad to have you join the project.
The Chapter mentioned above has already been recorded, so could you select one of the open chapters? Best to claim by number.

In the meantime, I strongly suggest that you read through the Newbie Guide to recording. You will find a link to this under Point 2 of the head posting for this project. (Also read all of the instructions in the head post).

Then, we also request that you complete a short preliminary recording before recording a whole section for a project. This is primarily to check you set up and technical specifications and any area that may need attention before you begin. You will find all the information you need about this and how to post it under Point 2 of the Newbie Guide to recording.

Let us know when you've completed that and have the "OK" on it, and let me know what open chapter of the book you would like to record.

Thanks again for your interest, Mark!
~ Larry