(Complete) The Religious Experience of the Roman People by W. Warde Fowler - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cavaet wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:40 pm OK. I'll take section 19. The Augustian Revival

Question. I take it we are NOT reading the footnotes?
You’ve got it.
As for footnotes, my policy is to leave it to readers unless I specify otherwise, and usually that means if they add materially to the text. If they refer you to another page or work, they are useless in an audio book. If they are that important, why aren’t they included in the body of the text? Yeah, not a fan of footnotes :mrgreen:
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

May I have an extension for section 18? I'd like to brush up on scansion for the Virgil passages beforehand, but I've had trouble finding the time.

Michael
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kazbek wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:35 pm May I have an extension for section 18? I'd like to brush up on scansion for the Virgil passages beforehand, but I've had trouble finding the time.

Michael
Absolutely. This is moving slowly.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Lynne, hi over here. I would like to discontinue DPLing this project on Nov 7.
Thanks, Cheryl
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote: October 30th, 2020, 9:30 am Lynne, hi over here. I would like to discontinue DPLing this project on Nov 7.
Thanks, Cheryl
I will welcome you back to any project when you feel ready.
andybeddy

Post by andybeddy »

Hi there. I notice that Chapter 9, Lecture IX ritual continued is still open. Could I claim it? It might take me a week or two to record it though as I'm a bit swamped at work.

I've been away from narration and all my hobbies for the past couple of months due to real life getting in the way, meaning I've not been home very much. But things are a bit more settled now and I'd like to try to get back into this.

Cheers , Andy :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

andybeddy wrote: October 31st, 2020, 2:21 am Hi there. I notice that Chapter 9, Lecture IX ritual continued is still open. Could I claim it? It might take me a week or two to record it though as I'm a bit swamped at work.

I've been away from narration and all my hobbies for the past couple of months due to real life getting in the way, meaning I've not been home very much. But things are a bit more settled now and I'd like to try to get back into this.

Cheers , Andy :thumbs:
So assigned! You get a couple of months to complete it, but if you find it's going to take longer, you can ask for an extension.
andybeddy

Post by andybeddy »

Lynnet wrote: October 31st, 2020, 2:45 am
So assigned! You get a couple of months to complete it, but if you find it's going to take longer, you can ask for an extension.
Thanks Lynnet. I've already recorded the first paragraph. I'm back to work tomorrow but I have mon, tues and wed off next week so I will try to get it completed in those days. Feels so good to be back doing something I love again. :D
Ellaqyint

Post by Ellaqyint »

Ill claim section 12.
Stay home. Stay Safe. Stay Sane. :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ellaqyint wrote: November 1st, 2020, 1:15 pm Ill claim section 12.
Great
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Lynnet wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 8:16 am
cavaet wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:40 pm OK. I'll take section 19. The Augustian Revival

You’ve got it.
As for footnotes, my policy is to leave it to readers unless I specify otherwise, and usually that means if they add materially to the text. If they refer you to another page or work, they are useless in an audio book. If they are that important, why aren’t they included in the body of the text? Yeah, not a fan of footnotes :mrgreen:

Lynnet.

Sorry but i am going to have to pass on The Augustian Revival. Between of family stuff and other open Librivox projects I've just got too much on. Again apologies. when my schedule loosens up a bit I hope to come back to this, I hope

C
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cavaet wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:04 am
Lynnet wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 8:16 am

You’ve got it.

Lynnet.

Sorry but i am going to have to pass on The Augustian Revival. Between of family stuff and other open Librivox projects I've just got too much on. Again apologies. when my schedule loosens up a bit I hope to come back to this, I hope

C
Not a problem.
andybeddy

Post by andybeddy »

Hi all.
Here is my little effort for chapter 09 :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/religiousromanpeople_09_fowler_128kb.mp3
length: 46.16
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

andybeddy wrote: November 11th, 2020, 11:31 pm Hi all.
Here is my little effort for chapter 09 :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/religiousromanpeople_09_fowler_128kb.mp3
length: 46.16
Thank you.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

What is the strange hold this Fowler has over me?

May I claim Section 13, Lecture XIII - The Augurs and the Art of Divination?

Owlivia/ Deborah
🦉
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉