[COMPLETE]Greater Life and Work of Christ by A. Patterson-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 6th, 2020, 7:44 pm Nicely done, Linda! Nothing to correct here. Section 6 is PL ok. :thumbs:

If I had wanted to be very nit-picky, I would have had you add on just a bit more silence at the beginning. Right now, it's a bit under 0.5 seconds, whereas it should be between 0.5 and 1. However, since that was the only thing I saw, I won't ask you to re-upload for the sake of an extra 0.2 seconds! :lol: But I mention it anyway, as something to watch in the future.

Great work!
That's awesome, the first one that did not need correcting. Sorry for those seconds... And I only saw this now and I think my next one is also a bit less than 0.5 seconds... Not completely sure though. Let's see how it goes.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks again! MW updated.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Finally was able to sit down and PL section 17! Everything sounds perfect, except for one missed edit. :)

18:14 Missed cut. "...which, however, is it-- (snaps) ...which, however..."
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

Howdy,
I hope all is well on your end. I FINALLY got these recorded and edited!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

talk about jumping in the deep end lol. BUT i have learned alot and actually enjoyed it.
I just hope theres not tons of mistakes lol. but I'm sure there are some. I apologize beforehand.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeandworkofchrist_15_patterson_128kb.mp3
48.18 KB
51:23.0 min

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeandworkofchrist_16_patterson_128kb.mp3

58:44.0 min

Susan Lamar
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

DaisyMae65 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 4:27 pm Howdy,
I hope all is well on your end. I FINALLY got these recorded and edited!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

talk about jumping in the deep end lol. BUT i have learned alot and actually enjoyed it.
I just hope theres not tons of mistakes lol. but I'm sure there are some. I apologize beforehand.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeandworkofchrist_15_patterson_128kb.mp3
48.18 KB
51:23.0 min

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeandworkofchrist_16_patterson_128kb.mp3

58:44.0 min

Susan Lamar
Fantastic! Well, I never said they'd be quick, or easy! :wink: Thanks for your dedication, though. You've obviously worked hard on these. I don't know when I'll be able to PL them. Work has been kicking my behind lately, and this weekend is shaping up to be another busy one. But I am looking forward to hearing these! Stay tuned!

(Oh, one comment I can make right away is to be careful with the file names. The "and" in the title should actually not be present in the file name, just for the sake of brevity. Easy mistake to make. The best way in the future to be sure you have the right file name is just to copy and paste the example from the first post and change the number. But don't worry about correcting it yet. If I find errors while listening, you can correct it then. If not, I will fix it myself before cataloguing. :thumbs: )
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

Gotcha. Ill try to make a note on the and lol. Hopefully with your busy schedule as it is I won't have tons of mistakes. And you can just enjoy my classical soothing voice.....bahbahbahbah
Though I did find out editing that listening to myself puts me asleep lol. Weird huh lol
Not sure that's a good thing lol
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

These are long reads, but worthwhile.
A great deal of speculation here, but still of benefit.

Section 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_07_patterson_128kb.mp3 44:18

No hurry on PL, of course, We have a bit of lull at work, but that won't last long, and lot's of family stuff.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry!

Yes, there's a fair bit of speculation in much of the book. I'm not sure whether it can be avoided if you're going to attempt to treat on this subject at all. It has been extremely interesting, though, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the PL part of it so far! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Finally jumping in! Again, thanks so much for your work on these, Susan! I'm already looking forward to the next one!

We do need several corrections on this section. Some of them will become more obvious in the future, the more you participate in various projects here. Others have to do with your sound quality, volume specifically. There are several places where the volume drops very low, almost too low to hear and understand you. Those spots will need to be amplified. There is one place where the volume is so high as to be nearly painful. This spot will need to be de-amplified. (In Audacity, that is the exact same process as amplify, except that you'll type in a negative number for the amplification amount.)

It would be good if you can find out what is causing these sudden volume shifts. What kind of microphone do you have? If it has built in noise canceling, I believe that can cause erratic volume changes. Many mics allow you to turn off that feature, if it has it. I tried a bit of compression on your file, which is a method that can often even out volume changes. But it seems like the changes are too drastic for compression to work well, so I hope we can figure out how to stop those changes from happening.

Please understand that, though this might seem like a lot of notes, many of them will become second nature to you as you record more sections. The rest is technical mic stuff, which I hope we can resolve soon. All in all, very fine for a first effort! :D

On to the notes:

At the beginning, you need more silence before your voice starts in. We leave between 0.5 and 1 second of silence. This is to guard against the possibility of having the first part of your words cut off during playback.
Also, the intro should be read as "Chapter 6, part 1, of The Greater Life and Work...." The part number is missing, which might imply that the whole chapter is contained in this one recording.
0:22 Again, this is Chapter 6, part 1, not part 15. :) I understand your confusion here. It is the 15th part of the book, but the first part of the chapter, and that's what's important for listeners! It will get less confusing the more projects you participate in. I promise!
7:44-7:56 amplify by 8 dB.
8:22-8:29 de-amplify by 4 dB.
12:33-12:36 amplify by 4 dB.
12:50-13:07 amplify by 3 dB.
25:43-26:05 amplify by 5 dB.
51:06 You ended the section a little too early. I want this section to continue through the end of the paragraph on page 306, to "...crowning them with glory," as stated in the magic window. I notice that you did pick up at this same spot for section 16, so you can just cut that portion from that section and paste it into this one.
51:09 And again, this is chapter 6, part 1, not part 15.
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 18th, 2020, 9:53 pm Finally was able to sit down and PL section 17! Everything sounds perfect, except for one missed edit. :)

18:14 Missed cut. "...which, however, is it-- (snaps) ...which, however..."
Hi, sorry it's been a super busy two weeks... Time sure flies.

Oh, so sorry, don't know how I missed that one.

new upload:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_17_patterson_128kb.mp3

New time: 47:59

I'll be starting with section 18 now.

Blessings
Linda
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

HI again,

Here is section 18, Chapter 6, Part 4. Sorry for taking so long, every day was a hectic one the last 2 weeks.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_18_patterson_128kb.mp3

Time: 52:49

Blessings
Linda
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

Lol I'm actually surprise there's not more mistakes lol.
Ill get on the corrections
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

I'm sorry for all the mistakes. I should've practiced more before taking on a bigger project. Figuring out the equipment I'm using and user intelligence 😂
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks again, Susan. Nice work on this very long section! The notes I have for you are all related to the same issues I noted before. There's really no need to feel bad about it. Like I said, some of it is because you're still figuring out your equipment. The rest is because you're still learning how to read each part of the MW, and that will come with experience.

At the beginning, add half a second or so of silence.
0:02 Should be "Chapter 6, part 2."
0:24 Again, "Chapter 6, part 2."
0:30-1:45 I mentioned this in my notes for the last section as well, but you began at the wrong spot. I want to put the breaks between sections at paragraph breaks, so this section should begin with "The work of Christ in the Day of the Lord..." So you can cut this whole portion from 0:30-1:45 and paste it into section 15.
13:27 The sound drops out here at the end of the sentence, so that the last word is inaudible. "...with these special ones." (p. 310) You may be able to amplify that final word by 15 dB or so, or you may prefer to re-record that phrase.
40:41 Again here, the last word of the sentence is very quiet. "...after the removal of God's people." (p. 320) You should be able to amplify this one word by about 5 dB.
46:11 Another quiet portion. "... and profanity are sins only of Christian lands." Underlined portion can be amplified by 4 or 5 dB.
50:13 "The succeeding judgement appears to be the appearance..." Underlined portion can be amplified by 4 or 5 dB.
56:10-56:16 "...to regard the man of sin as an incarnation of the wicked antichristian power..." Amplify by about 5 dB.
56:22 The Roman numeral here, xvii, page 326, should be 17. I hear 18.
58:03-58:28 This section should actually end here, after "...and works prodigies." So this portion should be cut.
58:30 Again, "Chapter 6, part 2."
58:34 This part should only be present on the very last section of the project, at the end of the book, so it needs to be cut: "End of The Greater Life and Work of Christ, by Alexander Patterson."

One thing I should have mentioned before is a little trick I picked up from another reader. When you're doing your edits, it helps to start at the end of the file and work your way backwards. Or, to say the same thing a different way, start with the last note I gave you and work your way up the list. This way, all the time stamps I gave you will remain accurate. If you start at the beginning and have to cut or add things, it will throw all the time stamps off and make it very difficult (if not impossible) to find each problem area.
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

Okey donkey. At least the list of edits isn't as long on 16 as it was on 15.
I'll take that as very slight encouraging lol