(COMPLETE) Divine Conduct or the mystery of providence - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Divine Conduct or the mystery of Providence by John Flavel (1627 - 1691).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/divine-conduct-or-the-mystery-of-providence-by-john-flavel/
Shows God's providence in every aspect of our lives. ( RuthP)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/divineconductorm00flavuoft/page/n5/mode/2up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Divine Conduct or the mystery of Providence. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Divine Conduct or the mystery of Providence, by John Flavel. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Divine Conduct or the mystery of Providence by John Flavel. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Divine Conduct or the mystery of Providence, by John Flavel. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename divineconduct_##_flavel_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. divineconduct_01_flavel_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up. A few notes:

As you're the soloist, you're in charge of updating the Magic Window.

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here: Instructions for Soloists

Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

----

The template has "Chapter [Number]" in the intro and outro. This project doesn't seem to have chapters in the traditional sense. You may want to say "Section" instead. (You can edit the first post to reflect this.)

----

I shortened the file name a little bit to make it less cumbersome. :) You can change it back if you really want to; I won't be offended.

Any questions? Holler if you have some! 8-) We'll stay in the Launch Pad until I know you've made it into the Magic Window. Once you get a section or so completed, we will advertise for a DPL.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Thank you - will get started with the Magic window, as soon as I can!
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Sorry if I am not understanding the instructions, but I am having trouble logging into my magic window - I followed the instructions to log into the workflow - that works fine, but when I click on this project I get the message saying that I don't have permission for this area.

I tried remedying this as instructed by making sure I am properly logged out of the system, but when I log back in I get the same message!

OK - managed to work out what i was doing wrong - I didn't follow the instructions properly - can now access magic window!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Glad you got it!

You can use your personal Magic Window login/password any time you upload a section; don't bother with the generic one at all. :)

Moving to Going Solo...
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Section one completed and MW updated.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/divineconduct_01_flavel_128kb.mp3

Length: 22.53
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Don't forget that this project will need section titles in the Magic Window. :) They are what will show on the catalog page for each section, as well as what shows in MP3 players as the title of each section.

If it's pretty much one continuous flow of text with no real section/chapter breaks, then you can just put in "Section 1" "Section 2" etc.
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

There are no real section or chapter breaks/titles except for the last few pages which seems to be an extract from another book that he has written.

So I have divided the book into sections best as I can.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great! (You didn't have to indicate the start/end point of the section in the text; that would be solely for your own benefit.) 8-)
kkatella

Post by kkatella »

I proof-listened to section one and it sounded great! I found no long pauses, repeats, stumbles, or excessive background noises. The volume was also good throughout the entire section, not too loud or too quiet. Good job!
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

kkatella wrote: October 21st, 2020, 5:53 pm I proof-listened to section one and it sounded great! I found no long pauses, repeats, stumbles, or excessive background noises. The volume was also good throughout the entire section, not too loud or too quiet. Good job!
Thank you!
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Section 2 uploaded and ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/divineconduct_02_flavel_128kb.mp3

Length: 41.34
carleesbale

Post by carleesbale »

I will proof listen section 2!
carleesbale

Post by carleesbale »

I proof listened section 2 and it sounds good! Pausing and speed were great!
GillH

Post by GillH »

Happy to be DPL, if you want.