[Complete] Hinduism and Buddhism, An Historical Sketch Vol. 3 by Sir Charles Eliot - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, that was a chore, but here is the completed recording.
I included only the footnotes that I thought contributed something materially to the discussion.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism3_28_eliot_128kb.mp3 54:17
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

silverquill wrote: October 20th, 2020, 9:50 am Well, that was a chore, but here is the completed recording.
I included only the footnotes that I thought contributed something materially to the discussion.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism3_28_eliot_128kb.mp3 54:17
Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 28 PL OK

Well done. That was long and dry :?
12kellas21

Post by 12kellas21 »

Hello!
I am a brand new volunteer. May I claim this chapter please?
Thank you,
Fiona
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

12kellas21 wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm Hello!
I am a brand new volunteer. May I claim this chapter please?
Thank you,
Fiona
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.

And just to double check... which section are you requesting?
Lynne
12kellas21

Post by 12kellas21 »

Thanks for the info. May I please read Part 1 of Chinese History?
Fiona
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

12kellas21 wrote: October 27th, 2020, 3:50 pm Thanks for the info. May I please read Part 1 of Chinese History?
Fiona
:thumbs:
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Owlivia wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:56 am Section 14: China

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism3_14_eliot_128kb.mp3

43:49.20
Thank you
kingraam

Post by kingraam »

Hello I’m David Heath. I’m newly registered today on the site, but I wanted to dive in. Would it be possible to assign me Section 10 please ?

My username is kingraam and name in the chapter ref would be David R Heath

Apologies if I’m missing any information you need

David
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

kingraam wrote: October 29th, 2020, 5:47 pm Hello I’m David Heath. I’m newly registered today on the site, but I wanted to dive in. Would it be possible to assign me Section 10 please ?

David
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using the name you gave. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 14 PL OK
kingraam

Post by kingraam »

Lynnet wrote: October 30th, 2020, 7:32 am
kingraam wrote: October 29th, 2020, 5:47 pm Hello I’m David Heath. I’m newly registered today on the site, but I wanted to dive in. Would it be possible to assign me Section 10 please ?

David
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using the name you gave. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne

Hello Lynne

I apologize but I didn't review Section 10 thoroughly enough before asking to take it on as my first recording. I spent a couple hours at it today but I can't handle the extensive Sanskrit and occasional Chinese pronunciations and I know my editing skills aren't good enough yet to chop this up small enough to deal with multiple editing of each pronunciation. Can you take me off the section and I'll find something more straightforward as something to start with. Once again apologies
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

kingraam wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:15 am

David
Lynne

Hello Lynne

I apologize but I didn't review Section 10 thoroughly enough before asking to take it on as my first recording. I spent a couple hours at it today but I can't handle the extensive Sanskrit and occasional Chinese pronunciations and I know my editing skills aren't good enough yet to chop this up small enough to deal with multiple editing of each pronunciation. Can you take me off the section and I'll find something more straightforward as something to start with. Once again apologies
Not a problem. This text is particularly challenging... it’s a pity as volumes 1 and 2 were straightforward. Most of the other sections seem to be OK, if you want to look through them.
kingraam

Post by kingraam »

Lynnet wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:27 am
kingraam wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:15 am

Lynne

Hello Lynne

Not a problem. This text is particularly challenging... it’s a pity as volumes 1 and 2 were straightforward. Most of the other sections seem to be OK, if you want to look through them.
Thanks for the understanding. I'm making good progress with a Shopenhauer dialogue on another book so I'll finish that and circle back around. My eyes were bigger than my stomach so to speak.... good to be enthusiastic to start but need to temper that with some realism here.