[COMPLETE] The Woman in the Alcove by Anna Katharine Green - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapters 20-22 are also ready for PL. Getting so close to finishing!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I don't have stable internet right now. Will try to dpl as soon as I do... So sorry.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Not a problem at all!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I was hoping to report by the end of this solo that I was able to find the mine in New Mexico called "Placide" that is mentioned in the book. I am a terrible researcher and wasn't able to find anything exact. There is a small town called Placitas that includes about 109 mines in the area and I'd like to think it was one of those. However, it was farther away from Santa Fe than was mentioned in the book so I'm not positive this was the exact place (if there was even such a place).

Since I live in the area my husband and I took a drive there so I could try to imagine the events in the story that took place in New Mexico. Whether or not this was the actual place of the Placide Mine, it was a nice little adventure. Just thought I'd share :)

Edit: changed the number of mines that were in the area. I had typed the claims instead of actual mines :oops:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sounds interesting. 16 and 17 are great.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

miss stav wrote: October 19th, 2020, 9:46 pm Sounds interesting. 16 and 17 are great.
Thank you :9:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Final chapter has been uploaded (in 2 parts)!

However, please don't feel rushed to get it all listened to. I had free time in my schedule to get this knocked out and I know I uploaded a ton at once.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

The rest is pl- ok and we are done. What a wonderful narration. I really love your reading voice. It was a wonderful project.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

miss stav wrote: October 21st, 2020, 10:21 pm The rest is pl- ok and we are done. What a wonderful narration. I really love your reading voice. It was a wonderful project.
Hooray! Thank you so very much for joining me on this project and your kind words :9:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Still, I think Rita is very strange. But also brave.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

miss stav wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:50 am Still, I think Rita is very strange. But also brave.
Yes me too. I was a little sad though that she didn't have more to do with the adventure parts of the story. It seemed like she was often just sharing with us what others had discovered instead of being the one to make the discoveries. But I suppose we will have to be satisfied that a woman was able to stand up the inspector and press forward with solving the murder :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-woman-in-the-alcove-version-2-by-anna-katharine-green/

Great job, Jenn and Stav! :clap: :clap:

Now, I get to download it! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Wonderful!!

Thank you both for helping me along the way :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings