COMPLETE[PLAY]Tragedy of Tragedies: Tom Thumb by Fielding - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: I already laughed at the voice credit. :thumbs: And then the sing-song in the beginning was a funny touch. One can't take this story too serious. :mrgreen: Excellent job, Adrian, both acts PL ok. Act 2 is Act 3 though, but that doesn't matter, I'll put it in the correct slot in the MW.

Thank you !!

Todd: Acts 1 and 3 are ready for final editing then. Only missing one voice credit for Act 1.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have PM'd our last reader. They still have a couple weeks left on their claim.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1 and 3 ready for final PL. (Voice credit missing in Act 1 for the last reader part.)

You all sound great. Sorry that - well, I won't spoil it.

Interesting that in The Childe Hath Found His Father we have Merlin with a Red Dragon fighting, but here Merlin beholds a Red Cow....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:01 am You all sound great. Sorry that - well, I won't spoil it.
should I be worried ? :|

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

No, don't be worried. You know how it ends, having PL'd about 1200 voice parts in the play through Act 3 already.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:01 amActs 1 and 3 ready for final PL. (Voice credit missing in Act 1 for the last reader part.)
finally got around to listen to both acts and they are a hoot :lol: I love it that we are all camping it up quite a bit and not taking it too serious, I think this is exactly how it should have been played. :thumbs: Great job all of you, and excellently edited, Todd.

except for the missing voice credit at 18:08 in Act 1, both Acts are PL ok.

Thanks for the laughs !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

We have an orphaned role.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I know it's not good to record before claiming, but I was able to do the Follower right away so you can wrap things up here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tomthumb_follower_2_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 18th, 2020, 3:25 pmI know it's not good to record before claiming, but I was able to do the Follower right away so you can wrap things up here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/tomthumb_follower_2_128kb.mp3
thanks for the fast turn-around, Tomas. And you're an excellent follower, I love the accent :lol: Oh and the camped-up dying scene is wonderfully funny too. We all had our moment of glory in our dying scenes it seems :lol:

PL ok and that means all the play can get the final polish by our editor-extraordinaire. 8-)

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 is ready for final Spot PL. (Follower's voice credit.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 2 is ready for final PL as well. What a fun play, and ye all sound great in it!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 19th, 2020, 5:37 amAnd Act 2 is ready for final PL as well. What a fun play, and ye all sound great in it!
:lol: How we were all able to keep a straight face while saying this nonsense is a mystery to me now that I listened to this act. Especially the first scene with Huncamunca and Grizzle is so over-the-top, they sound romantic while actually what they are saying is kinda below the belt (especially Grizzle) :lol: I had to giggle at many parts here.

Guys, you all showed your comedic talent in this one ! :thumbs:

Perfectly assembled too, Todd ! Yes, wonderfully entertaining and absolutely PL ok. (also act 1)

That means, we can draw the curtain on Tom Thumb and get it to the catalogue. :)

Thank you all

Sonia