COMPLETE[PLAY]The Weaker Sex by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:08 amSo, Kitty lets YOU get away with Rhonda instead of Rhoda? You are obviously on Kitty's good list. She made ME once replace all my Glyda's with Glynda's (or vice versa; I forget) once many years ago - which was a lot of them since I was reading the stage directions....
:lol: Glyda will haunt you forever. I am not sure anymore why exactly we decided to change the name everywhere :hmm: Yes I think back then we decided on a specific pronunciation of the names. It was wise of you to change that rule after the Glyda disaster. Jenn now profits from your misfortune :lol:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kitty wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 3:15 am
jennlea wrote: September 29th, 2020, 8:49 pmHere are all 3 acts for Sylvia:
sorry for the delay, Jen, but I finally got around to listening to Sylvia, and how endearing she was. Young and happy in the beginning, and then the drama crashes down over her. What a shock it must have been. I'm looking forward to hearing our mother/daughter dialogues assembled :9:

Thank you so much, excellent performance.

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia :9:
All the lines are in, perfectly PL ok. Though I had to smirk that you managed to say "Rhonda" all the time and never once noticing she was called "Rhoda". But no worries, no need to correct them all, we'll use it as a quirk for Sylvia, at least you are consistent in the name. Maybe Rhoda is a bit miffed with Sylvia because she says her name wrong :lol:
Oh dear! My first reaction is pure embarrassment that, like you said, I never once noticed I was saying the wrong name! And then I broke down laughing at myself and my mouth. True story, my students and I have a spot in my classroom where we write down every word I misspeak and then the correct word next to it. It helps keep them engaged with what I'm saying because it is their mission to catch anytime I misspeak. I learned long ago that saying things wrong was a quirk of mine. I normally try to catch them here when editing and redo them but this one obviously slipped through! And multiple times :lol:

And I know you said I didn't have to redo it, but I'd be happy to do so if "Rhonda" would be distracting to the listeners. Plus, I'd hate for Todd to think I'm on your good list and he isn't :wink:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh no, don't change it. Put it on your classroom list. A morning chuckle - these days can certainly use more of them....

(But the next time I need a favor from Sonia, I know who I will ask to ask her.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:39 amAnd I know you said I didn't have to redo it, but I'd be happy to do so if "Rhonda" would be distracting to the listeners.
no it's fine. Your reading is fine and changing it all now may mar the quality. And I like the idea of Sylvia saying her name a bit wrong, since Rhoda is not the warmest person around. It gives an added touch to their relationship, they will never be best buddies. :lol:

Like Todd said: put it on your classroom list. I love the thought of you explaining this to your students. :mrgreen:
Plus, I'd hate for Todd to think I'm on your good list and he isn't :wink:
Todd is used to this, no worries. :mrgreen: He still hopes to find a suitable role in a play where he can give me hell for once. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:45 am (But the next time I need a favor from Sonia, I know who I will ask to ask her.)
I heard that !

Sonia
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

ToddHW wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:45 am Oh no, don't change it. Put it on your classroom list. A morning chuckle - these days can certainly use more of them....

(But the next time I need a favor from Sonia, I know who I will ask to ask her.)

Thanks, Todd
Sounds good! Will do! And glad I could offer up something to laugh about today :lol:
Kitty wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 4:55 am
no it's fine. Your reading is fine and changing it all now may mar the quality. And I like the idea of Sylvia saying her name a bit wrong, since Rhoda is not the warmest person around. It gives an added touch to their relationship, they will never be best buddies. :lol:

Like Todd said: put it on your classroom list. I love the thought of you explaining this to your students. :mrgreen:
:thumbs:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Extension... may I?
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Ira has been recorded but needs to be edited, so if I could have a very small extension to get his files in, I'd appreciate it! :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

thestorygirl wrote: October 11th, 2020, 9:28 pm Extension... may I?
Yes, I'll give you another month.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 11th, 2020, 11:21 pm Ira has been recorded but needs to be edited, so if I could have a very small extension to get his files in, I'd appreciate it! :thumbs:
Yes, I'll give you another month.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Orphaned a role; no longer full.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kathimariewalsheck

Post by Kathimariewalsheck »

Hi,
I would love to record Section 1 Act 1 Rhoda (her daughter) please.

Thanks,
Kathi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Of course you actually have to read her role in all three acts.

Thanks, Todd