COMPLETE[PLAY]Love for Love by Congreve - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 13th, 2020, 3:34 amJeremy act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_jeremy_1.mp3
Another talkative servant :hmm:
:lol: indeed, Jeremy is a big talker. But I liked the performance, you carry it well, especially when you drift off a bit into a lower-class accent. :thumbs: I enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to more from Jeremy's wit.

Thank you, this one is PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

GregGiordano wrote: October 13th, 2020, 4:48 am If Section 1 is still open- Trapland, a Scrivener, I'll be happy to claim. It should not conflict with my other small role. If you prefer not to doublecast I understand.

Thanks!

Greg
Missed this - sorry. Yes, this would be fine - many acts apart so no confusion.

And we are full.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Jeremy act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_jeremy_2.mp3

A bit less to say for himself in this act :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 15th, 2020, 2:41 amJeremy act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_jeremy_2.mp3
A bit less to say for himself in this act :D
haha, a bit less eloquent when he has to deal with his master's father. Even though, he still gives the old guy some lip. :lol: Nicely played, Alan ! Thanks, PL ok.

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

You don't actually include the [ ] in the file names - they show you where you customize the name to suit your role, act, section, etc. It does not matter here in a play becuz I take your files apart and put your stuff into the properly named master files, but it would matter for books where sections get directly cataloged.

Thanks, Todd
luna2hui

Post by luna2hui »

Hi,
I just finished up a recording of ACT 2 Stage Directions.

Hope it's alright.

As suggested, I'll wait for PL feedback before proceeding with the other Acts.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_stagedirections_2_128kbp.mp3

Thank you
- Stella
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

luna2hui wrote: October 17th, 2020, 8:07 amI just finished up a recording of ACT 2 Stage Directions.
Hope it's alright.
As suggested, I'll wait for PL feedback before proceeding with the other Acts.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_stagedirections_2_128kbp.mp3
hi Stella, so as promised, I took some time to review your file right away, that way you can work on the other acts whenever you have time.

first of all: wonderfully narrated, I like the quiet tone of your voice. It's an excellent counterpart to the rather hectic action that is taking place here, so I think this will be very fitting as backbone of the play.

Also you forgot no lines at all :thumbs: your eyes are good at catching the important bits ;)

I have a few small notes to correct though, but nothing difficult. Please do not re-record it all, it's too much work (for you and me) and it's not necessary. Editing a file is really easy, I'll walk you through it.

The easiest way to correct a sentence is: open a new Audacity window / record the sentence / noise clean and amplify if needed / cut and paste into the correct slot in the masterfile. Or in your case, copying and pasting from a part where you already said the name will do the trick as well ;)

> at 1:10: "Foresight, aside" - here is a case where the old scripts write the "aside" AFTER the speech that should be said as aside. The narrator has to be quite vigilant for such annoying quirks in the script. If you read the lines that Foresight speaks, you'll see the first two sentences should be the aside. Since it will be at the beginning of his speech then, you need to include the charactername. Sorry I didn't warn you about this. Sometimes the asides are at the correct spot at the beginning, but sometimes they are not. It's a bit tricky. :?

> at 1:25 and 1:40: "Valentine" - could you please pronounce the same name consistently throughout the play. You once said Valenteen and once Valentyne

> at 1:55: "Mrs Foresight, aside" - same here, name needs to be included as the aside will be put at the beginning of the speech

> and finally: your volume is only 65.7 dB, I really had to crank it up to be able to hear you. Could you please amplify the entire file with 21 dB, to get into the desired range of 86-92 dB. To amplify, do the following (you have Audacity, I suppose ?)

> highlight your recording
> go to Effect
> go to Amplify
> input 21 in the upper slot (called: amplification dB) - change nothing in the lower box !
> press ok

That's it. Please reupload with the exact same file name :)

You did really well. My notes seem long, but basically it was only 2 omissions and one pronunciation. It was really good and I hope you liked the process and I am looking forward to your next acts. Best keep act 1 till last though, start with the shorter ones. ;)

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you so much, Greg, I especially liked Trapland, he sounded like a right sleezebag in some quotes :lol: the prototype of a money-grabbing merchant, excellently portrayed. Shows me quite a new facette of your repertoire, I had no idea !

The lawyer sounds a bit more desperate as soon as he realizes he has to deal with a madman :lol: a funny role.

Buckram Act 5 is already PL ok.

A few notes for the other acts though:

for Trapland:

> at 0:16: "there is a debt" - I think I hear "there's a is a debt", which confused me a bit, but it might be my ears playing tricks on me. Could you check it out maybe and correct if necessary ? :hmm:

> at 0:37: between "My service to you Mr. Scandal" and "I have forborne as long" - could you please leave more space here for the stage directions "drinks". Careful if the directions fall inside your speech, you need to leave 2-3 seconds space as well. Easier for Todd to see where the breaks and inserts are

> at about 1:21: please insert 2 missed quotes:
1. Udso that’s true: Mr. Valentine, I love mirth, but business must be done. Are you ready to—
2. Mr. Snap, stay within call.

for Buckram Act 4:

> at 0:35: "Mr. Scandal is with him, sir; I’ll knock at the door." - this is Jeremy's speech, can be cut out.
Instead you missed a line which should go at this spot: "O Lord, what must I say? Yes, sir"

thanks, it was very entertaining. :)

Oh and yes, as Todd already mentioned, you need not include the brackets in the file names.

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: October 17th, 2020, 10:38 am
thank you so much, Greg, I especially liked Trapland, he sounded like a right sleezebag in some quotes :lol: the prototype of a money-grabbing merchant, excellently portrayed. Shows me quite a new facette of your repertoire, I had no idea !

The lawyer sounds a bit more desperate as soon as he realizes he has to deal with a madman :lol: a funny role.

Buckram Act 5 is already PL ok.

A few notes for the other acts though:

for Trapland:

> at 0:16: "there is a debt" - I think I hear "there's a is a debt", which confused me a bit, but it might be my ears playing tricks on me. Could you check it out maybe and correct if necessary ? :hmm:

> at 0:37: between "My service to you Mr. Scandal" and "I have forborne as long" - could you please leave more space here for the stage directions "drinks". Careful if the directions fall inside your speech, you need to leave 2-3 seconds space as well. Easier for Todd to see where the breaks and inserts are

> at about 1:21: please insert 2 missed quotes:
1. Udso that’s true: Mr. Valentine, I love mirth, but business must be done. Are you ready to—
2. Mr. Snap, stay within call.

for Buckram Act 4:

> at 0:35: "Mr. Scandal is with him, sir; I’ll knock at the door." - this is Jeremy's speech, can be cut out.
Instead you missed a line which should go at this spot: "O Lord, what must I say? Yes, sir"

thanks, it was very entertaining. :)

Oh and yes, as Todd already mentioned, you need not include the brackets in the file names.

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I am seeing what you said about the difference between dramatic readings and plays. I did not know about the extra timing for the stage directions, but now I do. Thank you! I will fix the problems you pointed out and post the corrected sections shortly. Thanks again!

Greg
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

ToddHW wrote: October 17th, 2020, 8:06 am Thank you.

You don't actually include the [ ] in the file names - they show you where you customize the name to suit your role, act, section, etc. It does not matter here in a play becuz I take your files apart and put your stuff into the properly named master files, but it would matter for books where sections get directly cataloged.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks, Todd. I've ready so many books and short pieces that I did not realize the filename construction difference for a play. I will remember this for the future.

Greg
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Sonia,

Here is the corrected Act One - Trapland:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_[trapland]_[1]_128kb.mp3

I did not change the parenthesis as mentioned because i wanted the file to be consistent with my prior upload (so it will overwrite it and not leave an extra file out there on the server). I hope this decision was okay.

I made all of the changes you suggested but one, the first at 00:16. I listened to my original recording multiple times but do not hear the double "there is" you referenced. If you feel that I need to re-record the line I will. I just think it will sound the same.

Corrected Act Four - Buckram will be coming soon.

Take care,

Greg
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Sonia,

Here is the corrected Act Four - Buckram as directed (same reason for not changing the file name as in the previous section):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_[buckram]_[4]_128kb.mp3

I trust all is now correct. If not, please advise and I will make any further changes as needed.

Thank you for your patience!

Take care,

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: October 17th, 2020, 9:26 pm Here is the corrected Act One - Trapland:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_[trapland]_[1]_128kb.mp3

I did not change the parenthesis as mentioned because i wanted the file to be consistent with my prior upload (so it will overwrite it and not leave an extra file out there on the server). I hope this decision was okay.

I made all of the changes you suggested but one, the first at 00:16. I listened to my original recording multiple times but do not hear the double "there is" you referenced. If you feel that I need to re-record the line I will. I just think it will sound the same.

Here is the corrected Act Four - Buckram as directed (same reason for not changing the file name as in the previous section):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveforlove_[buckram]_[4]_128kb.mp3
thank you, Greg, all the lines are in now and PL ok.

I sometimes cannot trust my ears, so I believe you if you say you said the correct words :) Thank you. It simply startled me, but it's still fully understandable.

Sonia