COMPLETE: The Turkish Embassy Letters by Lady Mary Wortley Montagu -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

jenno wrote: October 12th, 2020, 4:45 pm Section 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/turkishembassyletters_06_wortleymontagu_128kb.mp3

duration 40.30

I am not entirely content with the reading of the inscriptions. Sounds very odd to me but I do not see how I can improve them and give them actual meaning. If you can suggest improvements I would be happy to re -record that bit.

Cheers

Jennifer
You did a great job with this difficult section! It just needs the book outro added at the end:

End of The Turkish Embassy Letters, by Lady Mary Wortley Montagu.

When you upload the new version, please remove the 0 from the file name: turkishembassyletters_6_wortleymontagu_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Michael
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is corrected section 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/turkishembassyletters_6_wortleymontagu_128kb.mp3
duration 40.37

Sorry to have missed the outro. I was so pleased at having completed it sort of to my satisfaction I entirely missed that it was the last chapter.

Jennifer
Manders375

Post by Manders375 »

It looks like this book is about to be completed. I have a random question - is there a way I can change my reader page name? I think right now it's under my forum username but I'd like it to be my full name as shown in my signature here. Sorry, I'm pretty new here and I haven't really looked into how readers are credited. Thanks!
Amanda Mehl
"...a magnificent sulphurous conflagration of Promethean flames blazing in his little heart." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

jenno wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:12 pm Here is corrected section 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/turkishembassyletters_6_wortleymontagu_128kb.mp3
duration 40.37

Sorry to have missed the outro. I was so pleased at having completed it sort of to my satisfaction I entirely missed that it was the last chapter.

Jennifer
Thanks! Of course, you're not the first one. That's why we do PL. :D

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Manders375 wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:16 pm It looks like this book is about to be completed. I have a random question - is there a way I can change my reader page name? I think right now it's under my forum username but I'd like it to be my full name as shown in my signature here. Sorry, I'm pretty new here and I haven't really looked into how readers are credited. Thanks!
Yes, any admin can do that if you send them a PM, and hopefully our MC will notice this exchange. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

The project is ready for cataloging. Thanks again to all the readers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Michael
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Manders375 wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:16 pm It looks like this book is about to be completed. I have a random question - is there a way I can change my reader page name? I think right now it's under my forum username but I'd like it to be my full name as shown in my signature here. Sorry, I'm pretty new here and I haven't really looked into how readers are credited. Thanks!
You just need to let me know what name you would like to have as your catalog name. Readers use forum names, real names or another pseudonym, so it's your choice. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-turkish-embassy-letters-selection-by-lady-mary-wortley-montagu/
Jo
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: October 17th, 2020, 11:46 am Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-turkish-embassy-letters-selection-by-lady-mary-wortley-montagu/
Thank you, Jo! The classification "Group: Chronicles of America Series" seems to have wandered in from another project. :)

I also think it would help to preserve the paragraph break from my version of the description. In a follow-up selection, the first paragraph will be the same, while a second paragraph, similar to the second paragraph here, will describe the selection.

Added: upon closer inspection, it seems that the description is taken from an older version. I thought I updated it before you started cataloging, but I guess there's a manual step to copy the description into the database that may happen at any point and I should make the MC aware of any changes close to cataloging? :hmm:

Michael
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Kazbek wrote: October 17th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Thank you, Jo! The classification "Group: Chronicles of America Series" seems to have wandered in from another project. :)
This wasn't me, but I'll sort it.
I also think it would help to preserve the paragraph break from my version of the description. In a follow-up selection, the first paragraph will be the same, while a second paragraph, similar to the second paragraph here, will describe the selection.

Sorry, I usually fix this. The paragraph breaks don't automatically carry over into database. The html coding has to be added manually.
Added: upon closer inspection, it seems that the description is taken from an older version. I thought I updated it before you started cataloging, but I guess there's a manual step to copy the description into the database that may happen at any point and I should make the MC aware of any changes close to cataloging? :hmm:
yes that's always best. :)
Jo
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you! :)

Michael
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Should all be OK now. Please have a look and confirm. Thanks!
Jo
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Confirmed! :thumbs:

Thanks,
Michael