COMPLETE[PLAY]The Birth of Merlin by Shakespeare and Rowley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I've recorded Edwyn and will edit his files soon. I didn't find any lines for him in Act 5, however, so maybe that section can be deleted if it can be confirmed (I think he only appears as a background character).
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 11th, 2020, 8:49 pm I've recorded Edwyn and will edit his files soon. I didn't find any lines for him in Act 5, however, so maybe that section can be deleted if it can be confirmed (I think he only appears as a background character).
he has three lines p. 381, in the middle of the left column, starting with "those hopes are past, my lord" and one group sentence with Cador on top of the right column (same page) "Sir you are most noble"

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: October 11th, 2020, 11:36 pm he has three lines p. 381, in the middle of the left column, starting with "those hopes are past, my lord" and one group sentence with Cador on top of the right column "Sir you are most noble"
Ah, okay, thanks Sonia. Guess my eyes weren't able to catch those lines... hopefully they caught all the other ones :lol:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 11th, 2020, 11:39 pm Ah, okay, thanks Sonia. Guess my eyes weren't able to catch those lines... hopefully they caught all the other ones :lol:
please don't forget the OMNES lines, if you are in those scenes :lol:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 12th, 2020, 3:27 amMerlin act 5
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/birthofmerlin_merlin_5.mp3
I enjoyed doing that role :thumbs:
I enjoyed the Latin chant especially :thumbs: I was expecting rocks to open up any moment here :lol: well done, Alan. So there was no need to fear it earlier on. You sound like a natural.

Excellent and I think I can mark it PL ok right away...only I need to ask one question:

> at 1:11, 1:18 and 1:23: (p. 380): is there a reason you rhyme "kind" and "unkind" with "sinned" instead of "mind" ? :hmm: I have never heard of this pronunciation for it, unless you mean it to refer to "kin" maybe. I think the normal meaning of "kind" would fit here just as well, so I was curious why you changed it. Always eager to be enlightened on the tricky English language. :)

Thank you

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:16 am
Excellent and I think I can mark it PL ok right away...only I need to ask one question:
> at 1:11, 1:18 and 1:23: (p. 380): is there a reason you rhyme "kind" and "unkind" with "sinned" instead of "mind" ? :hmm: I have never heard of this pronunciation for it, unless you mean it to refer to "kin" maybe. I think the normal meaning of "kind" would fit here just as well, so I was curious why you changed it. Always eager to be enlightened on the tricky English language. :)
Hi Sonia
Thanks for the rapid PL.
My thought on "kind" was that Merlin has a duty to his mother because she is "kindred", a slightly archaic form of kin, not because he is kind. The other 2 lines are similar in meaning or perhaps just a play on words.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:23 am My thought on "kind" was that Merlin has a duty to his mother because she is "kindred", a slightly archaic form of kin, not because he is kind. The other 2 lines are similar in meaning or perhaps just a play on words.
yes, so as I thought, you use the word-root "kin" for it. Ok, I guess it is just as well fitting. Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Every day I learn more things here. Great.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent portrayal, Tomas :clap: He sounds so gentle and pleading with Modesta, but can be fierce with the other earls around him. A good mix, I liked it !

Acts 3, 4 and 5 are straight PL ok.

PL note for Act 1:

> at about 1:00: (p. 353) missed line: "Leave that unto our fortune."

PL note for Act 2:

> at about 0:12: (p. 359) missed OMNES line: "Welcome to the court, brave earl."

Thanks !

Sonia
JBerkhouse

Post by JBerkhouse »

Here is Act 3 for Uter Pendragon with the line I missed. I also tried increasing the volume more, so let me know how it sounds. I am using the amplify function on Audacity, but I suppose I might be using it incorrectly. Hopefully it is better this time.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/birthofmerlin_uterpendragon_3.mp3
Recording Time: 2 minutes 4 seconds

I've been unexpectedly busy lately, so I haven't been able to do as much recording as I would like. But I should hopefully have Acts 4 and 5 done today. Sorry for the wait.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
JBerkhouse

Post by JBerkhouse »

Here's Act 4 for Uter Pendragon! Hopefully everything sounds good and I didn't miss any lines!

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/birthofmerlin_uterpendragon_4.mp3
Recording Time: 4:45.5 minutes