[COMPLETE] Manchester Poetry by James Wheeler -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Part 12 corrected - I can't believe how many mistakes I have made on this one!

I've actually uploaded all the files except 01 again. If you remember, I made Part 01 ACX compatible. But I didn't continue with that. However, I overwrite the original of Part 01, so I have made the rest ACX compatible as well. No other changes apart from the sound.

I don't know if it makes much difference, in fact. It sounds a bit sharper than usual, but it also amplifies little noises and imperfections, so it may be only worthwhile if you have a really high quality to begin with.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

I've added the author metadata as well, so if part 12 is okay, we are ready for the catalogue!
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Sections 00-12 are spot PL OK. Anne, get this proud Mancunian project into the catalogue!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Wheels are turning - Archive is always busy this time of the week, but we will get there ... slowly.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done, Thank you both, I do love being involved in projects that are unique :D :D

I've made a cover but as I find out more it maybe isn't as appropriate as I thought - I thought they were working men, mechanics institute type ones slaving in the mills all day and writing on Sundays so I am open for other suggestions.

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Yes, that's right, they were mostly parsons as far as I can see! I've uploaded a couple of jpgs to your folder. Or you might find something in this book, though they are a bit gloomy.

https://archive.org/details/viewsofoldmanche00manciala/page/n1/mode/2up

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/Manchester1.jpg
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/Manchester2.jpg
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Just set up 'The Master Girl" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=83242

But I need to start editing, so it will be a while before I post
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Cover changed - it's now more symbolic than aesthetic :D

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Hi Anne,

A couple of things on the catalogue page

I can't see the cover. It looks like it is struggling to download but can't make it!

Only the authors who are already in the catalogue are showing up, which looks a bit odd. Actually, I know a little bit about almost all of them now, and could enter them into the author catalogue, even if it just said 'a nineteenth-century English poet'.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The cover is there on all my searches - I'm not sure why you can't see it - maybe the Archive server was overloaded or something.
All the authors you entered in the meta data are showing ?

If there are more you want to show just post them here with any info you have and I'll see what I can do. You can't access the workflow once it is catalogued

Anne