[COMPLETE][Novel]Shirley by Charlotte Brontë - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:25 am If this doesn't work out, may I adopt this book? Jim
thank you for the generous offer, Jim. Yes, I haven't heard back from the original reader, so I will switch over the project to you. Please check if you have access to the MW.

I will put myself in as DPL as well, looking forward to another great cooperation with you. :thumbs:

Moving over to Readers Found straight away.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks and I can get into the MW. And I too am looking forward to our collaboration. Jim :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is my first: Section 6. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 11th, 2020, 9:34 am Here is my first: Section 6. :)
:shock: you already jumped in ! A long chapter right away, but it's an interesting constellation so far. Caroline and Robert are very smitten, I can see that right away LOL

I only found two small things to edit:

> at 7:10: small part missing (underlined): while Hortense was rummaging her drawers upstairs—an unaccountable occupation in which she spent a large portion of each day

> at 44:48: stumble and repeat: "Je veux achever mon année" – you say "mon" twice

btw the French poem was excellently read :thumbs: I think I even know this poem, and I read part of it myself for another project not long ago :hmm:

Thank you !!!

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry. Here it is corrected, I hope. I think my real weakness on the French, aside from the fact that I can't speak French, are the elisions, which I sometimes miss. Yes, there is definitely something going on between those two. And now to our Goliath of 10,000 words! :shock:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 12th, 2020, 7:50 amI think my real weakness on the French, aside from the fact that I can't speak French, are the elisions, which I sometimes miss.
while of course you sound more "native" if you do the elisions, it is not wrong to leave them out, even altogether. And it's always better to leave on out than to make one where you shouldn't :lol: I think the French part was really good, no complaints from me
And now to our Goliath of 10,000 words! :shock:
yes you are braver than me to tackle this one. :? I fear we need to split the chapter, but I am curious to find out how long it will take you. Just so I have a reference for future projects. :lol:

Perfectly corrected and now PL ok. Thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for the support. Actually, I think it might make it under the limit. :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 7. Amusant!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 12:14 pmHere is Section 7. Amusant!
:clap: you managed in under one hour !!!! And you did not speak particularly faster than usual. So this means 10,000 is still in the realm of acceptable. Good to know. Though of course it's easier on any reader to have shorter sections. But I'm happy in this case that we don't need to split any of the chapters. :9: Because this was the longest.

I wonder whether the three curates will marry the three sisters in the course of the book :lol: Oh and Mr Helstone's attitude towards women is despicable :twisted: I hope poor Hannah will never consent to marrying this guy who only wants to make her look small.

A perfect run-through, Jim. Excellent job for such a long section. No errors at all. PL ok right away. :thumbs:

A lot of characters to remember...I hope I will not confuse them all :lol:

thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia! Yes, lots of stuff going on. We will see. And who is Shirley? :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 15th, 2020, 4:53 am Thanks, Sonia! Yes, lots of stuff going on. We will see. And who is Shirley? :hmm:
:lol: good question. She hasn't shown up yet. I checked with the search function...she'll make her first appearance in Chapter 11 :shock: and still manages to make the title of the book !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for the info. Jim :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 8--not so amusing here, what with starving children.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 12:56 pmHere is Section 8--not so amusing here, what with starving children.
indeed, hard times for the poor people. This scene reminds me extremely of one in the BBC miniseries "North and South" with the brilliant Richard Armitage in the main role. It was similar in plot too, a cotton-factory owner facing uprising from the workers.

A flawless chapter again. And I see you a plighted by a Northern accent again :lol: sorry about that.

PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Just rolling with the punches as best I can. Thanks for your support as always! Jim :thumbs: