COMPLETE - [SOLO] Letters of Oscar Wilde, Volume 5 (1898-1900) -lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hello!!!!!!
All the sections that you've uploaded till now are PL OK :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That just leaves us with the last 2 letters and then you'll be done recording Oscar Wilde for a while. :D :lol:
I hope you had fun, I sure as hell did. Anyways that's it.
Thanks
-SS
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Shreya!

I will record these sections when we’ve got volumes 3 and 4 catalogued, so the volumes appear in the catalogue chronologically.
Rob Marland reader section | website
linny

Post by linny »

You could record and PL them now. I'll catalog once the others are complete. Since you've added a volume number to the title they should all appear in order but I don't mind holding off on cataloging if it would make you feel safer about it.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

No problem. I wouldn't keep Shreya waiting except for the fact that she's PLing 4 too. I have more to record for 3 and fixes in 4 so will probably get them done in order.
linny

Post by linny »

I see that the MW says all files are PL OK but there isn't a statement in the thread about the last batch of files being PLed. :?
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

linny wrote: November 14th, 2020, 1:49 pm I see that the MW says all files are PL OK but there isn't a statement in the thread about the last batch of files being PLed. :?
Hmm, not sure how that happened. I only have access via a mobile device right now, which isn’t letting me amend section statuses in the MW, but yes: these should all be ‘ready for PL’.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

linny wrote: November 14th, 2020, 1:49 pm I see that the MW says all files are PL OK but there isn't a statement in the thread about the last batch of files being PLed. :?
They're all PL OK :clap: :clap: :clap:
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks a lot, Shreya!
linny

Post by linny »

Great, I'll get started on the cataloging tonight. :clap:
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Linny. I made a note to myself that I had changed the title and/or summary since starting this one. I can’t recall how, but mention it ao you can use the current versions in the first post.
linny

Post by linny »

RobMarland wrote: September 12th, 2020, 12:14 am
linny wrote: September 11th, 2020, 7:34 pm Hi Rob,
I can get you set up in the morning. You’re ok with setting up the metadata for the section text?
Thanks a lot. Yes, thanks, I've had a bit of practice with adding the section text so no problem there.
Did you add the section text to the metadata? I'm not seeing it.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

linny wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:48 am Did you add the section text to the metadata? I'm not seeing it.
I am almost certain that I did, but I can't verify it now because when I open the MW the usual view is gone (it's more or less blank), which I assume is because you already started some aspect of the cataloguing -- that whole process is a mystery to me.

This same issue happened with volume 4 last week (but none of the previous vols) and the sources had to be added back after cataloguing, so I am not sure what is going on.

I am keen to include them because they are from all different sources and there was a lot of original research that went into it: I would want that be preserved for people to make use of. If it is necessary to add them back in and the MW can't be made accessible to me again then the sources can be found in the source spreadsheet (click tab at bottom of sheet for volume 5).
linny

Post by linny »

Please check your view again. It should be fine now.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

linny wrote: November 21st, 2020, 5:05 am Please check your view again. It should be fine now.
Yes, I can access it and the sources are all still there. So I have no idea what’s going on. Did you notice the sources get lost on the way to the catalogue? That seems to have been what happened for vol 4 too. No problems with vols 1-3, so maybe something is off with the system at the moment. I can’t think that I did anything different myself.