[Complete] The Falcon on the Baltic - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Steven Seitel

Post by Steven Seitel »

Hi, Catherine

I listened to your test recording and I think you'll be an excellent reader for LibriVox. Please do lots of recordings! :)

There are two easily fixed technical problems with your test recording:

1. It's a Garageband project, not a simple mp3 audio file. LV wants to see mp3, 128kb, mono files.
2. There is a low background hum that should be removed.

If you're not sure how to fix, ask and you'll get lots of help here. I can send you a simple tutorial. Or not...entirely up to you.

Regards,

Steve
...and then I thought: "Oh, what the Heck? Why not?..." —W.O.B.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Steven Seitel wrote: October 9th, 2020, 4:05 pm Hi, Catherine

I listened to your test recording and I think you'll be an excellent reader for LibriVox. Please do lots of recordings! :)

1. It's a Garageband project, not a simple mp3 audio file. LV wants to see mp3, 128kb, mono files.

If you're not sure how to fix, ask and you'll get lots of help here. I can send you a simple tutorial. Or not...entirely up to you.

Regards,

Steve
Just to add, we have a lot of problems with GarageBand... it’s intended for music, not the spoken voice. There is a thread in the Need Help? Forum (see the drop down menu at the bottom of the page). It is strongly recommended you download Audacity for Macs. We can offer a lot of support for Audacity.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Thanks Steve! I'm 1/2 way through PL of your first recording and enjoying it.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

PL Ok. Thanks! Enjoyed listening to him again.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Steven Seitel wrote: October 7th, 2020, 8:39 am Hi, Jane...may I join the fun?
I'd like to read Chapter 6, To the Dollart, if not already spoken for.

Steve
Perfect, and beautifully read. Thank you!
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Steven Seitel wrote: October 8th, 2020, 8:21 am Thank you, Jane. It looks like Chapter 08 is still available, so...

Chapter 08, From the Jade to the Eider
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/falcononthebaltic_08_knight_128kb.mp3
Duration 25:49

Steve
Another great reading. Thank you, PL OK.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

I’m hearing about the fjords of Schleswig with you at the moment, should finish that one in the next day or two.
regards
Jane Bennett
Steven Seitel

Post by Steven Seitel »

Thank you, Jane. I'm glad you're enjoying it... :)

Have you heard anything more from Catharinely27? I hope she follows through. We should (IMHO) always encourage new volunteers.

Steve
Last edited by Steven Seitel on October 15th, 2020, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Steven Seitel wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:38 am Thank you, Jane? I'm glad you're enjoying it... :)

Have you heard anything more from Catharinely27? I hope she follows through. We should (IMHO) always encourage new volunteers.

Steve
We should indeed, b ut no, I haven’t heard anything so not sure where she is up to.
regards
Jane Bennett
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:26 am
Steven Seitel wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:38 am Thank you, Jane? I'm glad you're enjoying it... :)

Steve
We should indeed, b ut no, I haven’t heard anything so not sure where she is up to.
Remember we allow readers 2 months. It’s only been a couple of weeks for her. By all means PM her and ask if she needs help, but she still has plenty of time.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Lynnet wrote: October 13th, 2020, 7:32 am
Jmbau13 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:26 am

Steve
Remember we allow readers 2 months. It’s only been a couple of weeks for her. By all means PM her and ask if she needs help, but she still has plenty of time.
I have PM'd her.
regards
Jane Bennett
Steven Seitel

Post by Steven Seitel »

Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Steven Seitel wrote: October 15th, 2020, 10:38 am Hmmm...I seem to be tasked with lots of chapters, all of a sudden. :hmm:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/falcononthebaltic_11_knight_128kb.mp3 (33:47)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/falcononthebaltic_12_knight_128kb.mp3 (36:06)

S
As many or few as you want, Steven. What you don't do, probably I or perhaps Kevin will read. Don't stress.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Lynnet wrote: October 9th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Steven Seitel wrote: October 9th, 2020, 4:05 pm Hi, Catherine

Regards,

Steve
Just to add, we have a lot of problems with GarageBand... it’s intended for music, not the spoken voice. There is a thread in the Need Help? Forum (see the drop down menu at the bottom of the page). It is strongly recommended you download Audacity for Macs. We can offer a lot of support for Audacity.
Could you move this into Readers Found now please Lynnet?
regards
Jane Bennett
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

:thumbs: