Hello from Upstate New York

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
gaigri

Post by gaigri »

I've been exploring LibriVox for a little while. Now I think I'm ready to record something short and try to upload it. I was looking at the Fables and saw that I should "sign up" for the one(s) I want. But how do I sign up to read a fable? Once I've recorded my fable, how do I upload it to LibriVox?
I'm excited about this project and feel mighty grateful for the wonderful literature which others have provided. I do want to get started as a contributor as well as a listener.
kri

Post by kri »

Our wiki might help you here. This page in particular I think will be of the best use to you...

http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

It goes through the whole process that you're looking to find out about :) It's really quite easy, it's just a matter of a few things here and there.
gaigri

Post by gaigri »

Thank you so much. The wiki page is exactly what I was looking for. I'm determined to record and post within the next day or two! :wink:
kri

Post by kri »

Excellent! I hope you have fun :) Any more questions, feel free to ask.
Cori

Post by Cori »

gaigri wrote:I'm determined to record and post within the next day or two! :wink:
Fantastic! Just ask if there's *anything* else puzzling you, and I look forward to hearing you soon ... good luck!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!