Hello from Georgia!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AudioArcana

Post by AudioArcana »

Hello all! I just wanted to make a quick introduction. My name is Christopher, and I am currently living in Georgia.

Along with my best friend, I am a co-host of a podcast that you've never heard of, but it does mean I have invested in some basic beginner recording gear. My girlfriend, who has listened to Librivox recordings every night for a few years, suggested I put that basic beginner gear to use with Librivox recordings. I love the idea and the purpose behind Librivox, so here I am.

I am painfully new to audio books (I'm one of those goofs that still reads books...made with paper no less.) and recording, but I do hope that I am able to make a positive contribution to Librivox. Thank you in advance for any suggestions, criticism, and direction, and thank you to Phil Chenevert for all of the instructional videos. They were a huge help!
“We think we understand the rules when we become adults but what we really experience is a narrowing of the imagination.”
― David Lynch
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Great to have you here David. DOn't be shy, jump right in and do your 1 minute test then get busy recording. I am glad you give a thumbs up to my videos. I'm still making them whether anyone wants 'em or not. Ask if anything is unclear. :clap: :clap:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk