Hi from southeast England

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
WalkingOliver0202

Post by WalkingOliver0202 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm an ex-pat American who moved to southern England in 1997. I'm a professional singer, composer and teacher, and have been a life-long reader. Since I have my own home recording studio I have often thought of trying to combine my passions, and learn how to record audiobooks. I've known about Librivox for years, and have finally created some time to really explore it.

I would love to hear from any of you who have tips for getting started, or just want to say 'hi.'

Cheers!
Paul
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Wow Pat, you are well equipped to join us especially with a studio already set up. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh, and Petunia, our LibriVox penguin welcomes you too with her special dance Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
WalkingOliver0202

Post by WalkingOliver0202 »

Hi Phil,
Thanks for the welcome, and the kind words. The videos and forum links so far have been extremely helpful, and well organized. I'm already very impressed with the set-up. I'm preparing my 1 Minute Recording, and think I might like to start with one of the short ghost stories listed in the forum (Rapunzelina?) to get my feet wet. I'm actually a real connoisseur of ghost stories, so this is already fun in my book. I'm off to watch your basic info video.
Petunia is a knockout, by the way!
Many thanks!
Paul (not Pat) :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Hi, Paul! :)

Since you're a singer, perhaps you would be interested in joining LibriVox's 2020 Christmas "choir" (the more voices, the better!).

Have fun recording!