[COMPLETE][GROUP/MYSTERY] The Goddess by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
poshitasingh04

Post by poshitasingh04 »

Hi,

This is my first recording and I would like to read Chapter 7 of 'The Goddess'. The name to be posted is 'Poshita Singh'.

Thank you
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

poshitasingh04 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 8:16 am Hi,

This is my first recording and I would like to read Chapter 7 of 'The Goddess'. The name to be posted is 'Poshita Singh'.

Thank you
Hi there! Thank you for expressing interest in this section. I see, however, that you have not completed a one-minute test, which is required before you can begin recording for us. You can go to this handy guide for more information on how to complete it: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Once you've posted your test in Listeners Wanted, it'll need to be approved by another listener. Once you get the OK, let me know and I will officially have the section assigned to you. In the meantime, I can "reserve" it for a maximum of one month; if I don't hear from you after that I'll have to put it back up for grabs, so be sure to get your test done as soon as you can!
Last edited by WiltedScribe on October 8th, 2020, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas Peter
ivymarni

Post by ivymarni »

Hello, my name is Marnie Jordan i would like to please be assigned to ch8 pp 82-90, 9 pp 91-104, 10 pp 105-110, 11 pp 111-123 i am eagerly awaiting your response. Please have me listed under Moira Grayson and respond to my other email [**email edited out for privacy reasons] thank you
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

ivymarni wrote: October 8th, 2020, 3:15 pm Hello, my name is Marnie Jordan i would like to please be assigned to ch8 pp 82-90, 9 pp 91-104, 10 pp 105-110, 11 pp 111-123 i am eagerly awaiting your response. Please have me listed under Moira Grayson thank you
Hi Marnie,

Thanks for your interest in these sections. Just like the reader I responded to above, you will need to complete a one-minute test before I can officially assign them to you. You can read more about one-minute tests here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. Also, we can only correspond about this project on this forum and not via email, so if you have questions, please post them in the appropriate sub-forum.

Once you've posted your test in Listeners Wanted, it'll need to be approved by another listener. Once you get the OK, let me know and I will officially have the sections assigned to you. In the meantime, I can "reserve" them for a maximum of one month; if I don't hear from you after that I'll have to put them back up for grabs, so be sure to get your test done as soon as you can!
Last edited by WiltedScribe on October 9th, 2020, 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomas Peter
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Thank you so much for all of the feedback!! I will get to all this on the weekend. Can't wait to get rolling :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ivymarni wrote: October 8th, 2020, 3:15 pmPlease have me listed under Moira Grayson and respond to my other email. thank you
Hello Marnie,

for security reasons (emails can be harvested by spambots) it's best you remove your email address from an open forum (I edited your post). Also every communication about Librivox projects should be openly done in the project thread, so everybody can profit from questions and feedback that might arise.

If you set your account preferences to "notification by email" you will get an automatic alert that someone has replied to the thread, so you cannot miss any news.

You can edit your post by clicking on the pencil icon in the right corner of your post.

Tomas: please also edit the email out of your quote ;)

Good luck with your test and I'm looking forward to hearing your sections soon. 8-)

Sonia
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Kitty,

I know you told me not to redo the recording, but I played around with it so much that I had to do it again. Can you let me know if I am all set?

Also, is there where I am supposed to send my recordings? Or do I upload it somewhere else?

Thanks for all the help! I'll sign up for some more chapters as soon as you give me a green light.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_05_marsh_128kb.mp3

The recording length is 11:30

Jean
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Kitty,

I wrote the wrong number. My recording is 11:39.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Jean. I think Kitty/Sonia will be lenient about this re-recording since this is a short chapter, but in future we really do ask that you work with your initial file and edit it until it passes the proof listener's standards. We always have a copy of the recording as a backup in case you feel you've messed up with the editing, and if you do need help or step-by-step assistance, we have many volunteers here who would be glad to guide you along.

Because every brand new recording needs to be listened to in full again, and because Kitty has so many other projects that she is responsible for, she can't devote this kind of extra time when people keep re-recording. And in some cases, the new recording might have even more errors than the first, which would not be productive at all. So please never get discouraged about editing your file, because we've all experienced this learning curve and beat it by practicing and practicing again. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Got it. Point taken!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

May I read 16 and 17?

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, Todd!
Tomas Peter
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Can I claim chapters 12 - 15?
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Oops. I mean sections 12 - 15. Not chapters.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, Jean! Luckily this is one project where the chapters do, in fact, correspond to their respective section numbers, so you are right either way :lol:
Tomas Peter