COMPLETE: Commentary on Acts of the Apostles by Matthew Henry - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Commentary on Acts of the Apostles by Matthew Henry (1662 - 1711).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/commentary-on-acts-of-the-apostles-by-matthew-henry/
An exhaustive verse-by-verse study of Acts, integrating it with both the Gospels and the Old Testament, by one of the more unconventional theologians of his day. ( Joanne Turner)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.ccel.org/ccel/henry/mhc.i.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, unabridged; Vol. VI, Acts of the Apostles. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, unabridged; Vol. VI, Acts of the Apostles, by Matthew Henry. Translated by Joanne Turner ( - 0) [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, unabridged; Vol. VI, Acts of the Apostles by Matthew Henry. Translated by Joanne Turner ( - 0) This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, unabridged; Vol. VI, Acts of the Apostles, by Matthew Henry. Translated by Joanne Turner ( - 0)"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename actsoftheapostles_##_henry_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. actsoftheapostles_01_henry_128kb.mp3)
  • Ignore ID3 V2 tags

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Librivox Forum
linny

Post by linny »

Joanne,
I can MC for you.

Update: You are all set. I added a ~ indicating you are looking for a DPL.

I shortened the file name. The system automatically assigns based on the title but it's fine to shorten it.

I took you out as the translator. That's for the translator for the written text. We are "just" readers and listeners here. :wink:

Let me know if you have any questions. Have fun!
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Thanks much, Linny!
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

For some reason, the source link did not come through. It is:

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/henry/mhc.i.html.

JHTurner
linny

Post by linny »

Ok, updating now.
linny

Post by linny »

Moving you over to going solo. :clap:
linny

Post by linny »

Do you know how to advertise for a DPL in Listeners Wanted? You are making great progress here it might be time to seek a listener. Let me know if you want assistance with the posting.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I think I can figure it out, Linny, but thanks for the offer--I'll take you up on it if I run into problems.

Joanne
linny

Post by linny »

I had some extra time today so I posted for you. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=83099
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Extra time? What's that?

Thanks much!
linny

Post by linny »

:lol: Understood.

I was updating all my projects and catching up with proof listing to today. Posting the listeners wanted ad was all I could do for you. I had already proof listened for 5 hours today and I was so done. You’re on my plate if nobody else comes along I’ll join in. I just didn’t have it in me today. I enjoy your reading and his commentary and want to be in the mood for it.
jeffreyorman

Post by jeffreyorman »

Hi Linny,
I'm new to Librivox and wanting to give back. I've read over the prooflistening FAQ and wanted to give it a try before doing some recording solo. I do a bit of travel so will use the time to PL for you. I'd like to offer being a DPL for this project because it will be an interesting listen for me. Please let me know. Jeff
linny

Post by linny »

jeffreyorman wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:41 pm Hi Linny,
I'm new to Librivox and wanting to give back. I've read over the prooflistening FAQ and wanted to give it a try before doing some recording solo. I do a bit of travel so will use the time to PL for you. I'd like to offer being a DPL for this project because it will be an interesting listen for me. Please let me know. Jeff
Great! I'm glad to hear that you read the prooflisteners FAQs. I'm sure Joanne will appreciate your time and assistance.

As DPL you will need access to the MW (Magic Window) in order to update the workflow (the dropdown at the far right). You will need a new login and password for the MW.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ
Also in the wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Let me know if you have any questions.
jeffreyorman

Post by jeffreyorman »

Thanks Linny and Joanne.
Things are working nicely in the MW.
Joanne, I wanted you to know that you have " Translated by Joanne Turner ( - 0)" in the project thread Intro/outro scripts. You don't read this phrase, nor should you since you are not translating. You also use "Section" not "Chapter" in your recordings. Everything else seems fine.
Jeff
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Thanks much, Jeff, for signing on to PL. I understand your travel schedule--I also have workarounds from time to time and may get a ways ahead of you, only to have to switch to something else for a while. That's just the way it goes for both of us.

Also, although the level of PL is standard, your suggestions and comments on style, pronunciation, expression, etc., are always welcome.

Joanne