[GROUP]A Chinese Wonder Book by Norman Hinsdale Pitman - ke

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Vivianlyu
Posts: 26
Joined: May 21st, 2020, 1:13 pm

Post by Vivianlyu » October 1st, 2020, 7:43 pm


kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » October 1st, 2020, 9:16 pm

Thank you for the recording, Vivian! :thumbs:

No rush, April, when you're ready :D
Kathrine

adr6090
Posts: 2758
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 2nd, 2020, 11:29 am

kathrinee wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:16 pm
Thank you for the recording, Vivian! :thumbs:

No rush, April, when you're ready :D
I actually did post section 14 last night about 8:30. I do not see it in the mw. :hmm: I must have posted incorrectly, I will look for it on other threads and get back to you.
April

adr6090
Posts: 2758
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 2nd, 2020, 11:43 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_14_pitman_128kb.mp3 time: 16:16

I do not know just where I posted this thread at. Nonetheless this is where it should be so here it is.
Hope it is a good one for you as I did enjoy recording this one. :lol:
April

tac107
Posts: 232
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by tac107 » October 3rd, 2020, 9:53 am

Tatiana

Thinking about returning to the Great Smoky Mountains :9:

Help us finish The Book of Jubilees!

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » October 3rd, 2020, 2:50 pm

adr6090 wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 11:43 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_14_pitman_128kb.mp3 time: 16:16

I do not know just where I posted this thread at. Nonetheless this is where it should be so here it is.
Hope it is a good one for you as I did enjoy recording this one. :lol:
Thank you!
Kathrine

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » October 3rd, 2020, 2:51 pm

Thank you, Tatiana!
Kathrine

jcacciavillani
Posts: 5
Joined: August 24th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Post by jcacciavillani » October 4th, 2020, 9:13 am

Hello! Can I claim chapter 12? :)

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » October 4th, 2020, 1:20 pm

jcacciavillani wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 9:13 am
Hello! Can I claim chapter 12? :)
Welcome to this project! Yes, and thank you for claiming :) Please do a 1 minute test before starting to make sure that your tech settings are correct. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Kathrine

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » October 4th, 2020, 1:23 pm

And with that, let's fly over to Readers Found :clap:
Kathrine

adr6090
Posts: 2758
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 5th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Hello,
Here is section 08, Love these stories!! Please do let me know if this passes pl.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_08_pitman_128kb.mp3 time 18:14
April

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » October 5th, 2020, 4:32 pm

Thank you, April!
Kathrine

plaidsicle
Posts: 900
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » October 9th, 2020, 12:10 pm

laynabean wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:38 am
Here is Chapter 15 - 15:26

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_15_pitman_128kb.mp3
15 is PL okay!
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

plaidsicle
Posts: 900
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » October 9th, 2020, 12:27 pm

ConanTheReader wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 4:17 pm
Chapter 11 complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_11_pitman_128kb.mp3 17:20
you have a wonderful voice and such nice measured reading style. and you did all the voices so very well!

the recording is too quiet. amplify by about 5db and you should be okay. (Checker says 84.5, but we need it between 89 and 92db)

there's also a spike in volume at 1:16 that could be distracting. if you can even that out, that would be awesome!
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

ConanTheReader
Posts: 45
Joined: July 19th, 2020, 9:48 pm

Post by ConanTheReader » October 9th, 2020, 6:08 pm

plaidsicle wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 12:27 pm
ConanTheReader wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 4:17 pm
Chapter 11 complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_11_pitman_128kb.mp3 17:20
you have a wonderful voice and such nice measured reading style. and you did all the voices so very well!

the recording is too quiet. amplify by about 5db and you should be okay. (Checker says 84.5, but we need it between 89 and 92db)

there's also a spike in volume at 1:16 that could be distracting. if you can even that out, that would be awesome!
Updated.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chinesewonderbook_11_pitman_128kb.mp3 Here is the redo.

I am trying to track down a decibel checker for iPad because I have not been able to get "checker.dmg" to work on it nor a way on Wavepad to check do. So in the spirit of not holding up production here is a version where I increased do by 5 to bring it in range. If that worked then sweet, but I will continue to find help to get a program to save others work.
Peace
ConanTheReader

Post Reply