COMPLETE: Two Years in Oregon by Wallis Nash -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarBoy wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:30 am Hello,

I have section 3 under my name and I ran into some equipment problems recently. I am very close to completing the read however, would it be possible to have an extension for this reading in order for me to sort things out on my end ? I am expecting some new equipment this week (or next, depending) ?

Please let me know.

Thank you very much.

MarBoy
Of course!

We understand those things. I recently had a hard disk crash that put a crimp in my style. :(

I appreciate your update.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
sepiku3

Post by sepiku3 »

I'd like to read section 11 Chaper 9 please.I believe I did my 1min test, but please let me know. This will be my first read in this forum. If I could be called Jayne Dartmouth that would be wonderful. Thank you.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

sepiku3 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 7:57 pm I'd like to read section 11 Chaper 9 please.I believe I did my 1min test, but please let me know. This will be my first read in this forum. If I could be called Jayne Dartmouth that would be wonderful. Thank you.
I will go ahead an add you, of course.
But, I don't see that you posted your test recording anywhere.
Read the Newbie Guide to Recording (link found in 2 point of the initial post) and you will find the directions for completing the test.

Let me know if you need help with in Oregon place names. They can be a little tricky of you're not familiar with them.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

sepiku3 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 7:57 pm I'd like to read section 11 Chaper 9 please.I believe I did my 1min test, but please let me know. This will be my first read in this forum. If I could be called Jayne Dartmouth that would be wonderful. Thank you.
I will go ahead an add you, of course.
But, I don't see that you posted your test recording anywhere.
Read the Newbie Guide to Recording (link found in 2 point of the initial post) and you will find the directions for completing the test.

Let me know if you need help with in Oregon place names. They can be a little tricky of you're not familiar with them.
~ Larry
sepiku3

Post by sepiku3 »

Thank you. I'm traveling for a little while but I'll do it when I get back.

Warmest regards,
Jayne
jasonfink

Post by jasonfink »

I had so much fun reading about Oregon on my last project I would like to lay claim to Chapter 5 on this project.

Jason
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jasonfink wrote: October 6th, 2020, 5:47 pm I had so much fun reading about Oregon on my last project I would like to lay claim to Chapter 5 on this project.

Jason
You're all signed up.
Thanks!
~ Larry
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

Might I have Sections 13 and 14?
“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” - Frederick Douglas
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tobester123 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 10:41 am Might I have Sections 13 and 14?
Certainly!
You are in for these.
Thank you.
~ Larry
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

silverquill wrote: October 8th, 2020, 11:05 am
tobester123 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 10:41 am Might I have Sections 13 and 14?
Certainly!
You are in for these.
Thank you.
And right away I start with the questions: pronounciations I will look up but what to do with the "[sidenote: ]" bits? Treat them as sub-headings, perhaps, just reading the parts in caps? Or the whole thing, "Bracket sidenote: *topic" End Bracket", which seems a bit of a moodkiller?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tobester123 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 11:45 am
And right away I start with the questions: pronounciations I will look up but what to do with the "[sidenote: ]" bits? Treat them as sub-headings, perhaps, just reading the parts in caps? Or the whole thing, "Bracket sidenote: *topic" End Bracket", which seems a bit of a moodkiller?
Thanks for checking.
Easy - just ignore them completely!

Also, there are several tables in Chapter 14
I would read the first one this way:

January Number of rainy days. 14 to 6 inches Snowy days. 1 to 8 inches Rainfall, 5-1 inches
February etc etc.

For the two temperature tables, I think I would take them year by year. So something like:

1874 January Highest 56 degrees, Lowest 26 degrees Range 30 degress
on through the rest of the months, and then on to the next year.

Hope this makes sense.
~ Larry
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

silverquill wrote: October 8th, 2020, 10:54 pm
Thanks for checking.

January Number of rainy days. 14 to 6 inches Snowy days. 1 to 8 inches Rainfall, 5-1 inches
February etc etc.

For the two temperature tables, I think I would take them year by year. So something like:

Hope this makes sense.
Tables?? Sections 13 & 14 are chapters 11 & 12, which have no assigned readers *and* no tables. Or did I make a mistake somewhere?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tobester123 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 3:16 pm
silverquill wrote: October 8th, 2020, 10:54 pm
Thanks for checking.

February etc etc.

Hope this makes sense.
Tables?? Sections 13 & 14 are chapters 11 & 12, which have no assigned readers *and* no tables. Or did I make a mistake somewhere?
Ooops! I divided these up, and yep, I was looking at the wrong sections. :oops: :lol:
So, ignore all of that.
Except about the little headings.
Just read the regular text.
~ Larry
dfixsen

Post by dfixsen »

Hello!

I have finished and uploaded Part 6 (chapter 6 parts 1 & 2). https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_06_nash_128kb.mp3

I hope it sounds good and my apologies for getting these done so late.

Thank you, this is always fun!
Dave
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi there,

Earlier today I was looking at this as an interesting read since I lived, from age 9 till 23 in Oregon, and then moved next door to Southwest Washington. Anyway, I was looking at the MW and saw that Chapter 6 section 2 was available. I had some recording on another project to finish up, and just now got back to "Oregon". When I went to claim that Section, lo and behold, "dfixsen" (Dave) posted the recording for Chapter 6 Sections 1 and 2.
dfixsen wrote: October 10th, 2020, 11:43 am Hello!

I have finished and uploaded Part 6 (chapter 6 parts 1 & 2). https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twoyearsinoregon_06_nash_128kb.mp3

I hope it sounds good and my apologies for getting these done so late.

Thank you, this is always fun!
Dave
As there was just one file listed I thought, he being not very experienced with LV, had combined Sections 1 and 2 from Chapter 6 into one file. I then listened to part of his recording just to verify that that is what he had done, and found that, in fact, he had just recorded what he had claimed, Section 1.

So I would like to claim Chapter 6 Section 2 (MW Section 7).

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen: