https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_malebird_08.mp3

A bit trickier this one as it is longer :hmm:

Female Bird is PL OK (again) :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

We have a few newly opened roles, including the title character, Aladdin himself!
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:39 pm No problem! I've made that switch for you. :)

And then, on further consideration, I decided to do the Nightingale myself. I'm already a bird in act 8, so it kind of fits!
Thanks, Devorah! Here's the First Elf:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_firstelf_09_128kb.mp3 4:08
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 2:36 am Male Bird with extra poem added

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_malebird_08.mp3

A bit trickier this one as it is longer :hmm:

Female Bird is PL OK (again) :lol:
Thank you, Alan. PL ok now! And if we're not exactly in sync, that's ok. You'd be surprised at how well I've been able to line up choruses that were much more different than this. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Salvationist wrote: October 5th, 2020, 2:10 pm
mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:39 pm No problem! I've made that switch for you. :)

And then, on further consideration, I decided to do the Nightingale myself. I'm already a bird in act 8, so it kind of fits!
Thanks, Devorah! Here's the First Elf:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_firstelf_09_128kb.mp3 4:08
Nice job, David. The scene with the elves is so interesting! I think it will be very sweet to hear. :9:

There were a couple of lines for "Elves" on page 261 that you missed. However, on looking at them more closely, maybe it's better to use different voices for those, so that you aren't answering yourself. :wink: We still have several bit roles to come in for that act, so I've added a note in the MW for those voices to include these lines as well.

With that in mind, I can mark this PL ok! :D
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Wicked Spirits act 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_wickedspirits_10.mp3

For the last bits I tried to match Sonia's timings but she reads a bit fast for me :hmm:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sounds good. Don't worry about the timing too much. I'll probably end up slowing her down a little bit and speeding you up. I'll PL tonight or this weekend.
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I also read Ali? If so, I think this will be my last role for this play. It has been fun to be part of a play about Aladdin! I hope someone comes along to fill the title role soon.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Hello there!
I'd love to participate in this project! What roles need the most attention?

I love the story and really want it to come to life--so I'd be happy if I could be assigned any part(s).

I am interested in the Aladdin Act 1-10 part, but I'm nervous requesting that as I've never done a large part before.
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SpockleDorf wrote: October 11th, 2020, 6:14 pm Hello there!
I'd love to participate in this project! What roles need the most attention?

I love the story and really want it to come to life--so I'd be happy if I could be assigned any part(s).

I am interested in the Aladdin Act 1-10 part, but I'm nervous requesting that as I've never done a large part before.
Welcome back! I remember working with you on some DRs in the past, but haven't seen you around in awhile. Lovely to see you again!

Every role that is marked "Open" in the MW needs a reader! You are welcome to try your hand at Aladdin, if you like. It is quite a large role, but fascinating! He has a lot to say, so you'd need to be prepared to spend a large chunk of time recording. We have a lovely princess already who needs a leading man. :)

But if you're not sure that you want to commit to playing him, I understand. There are also quite a lot of smaller roles. If you prefer cameo apperances, you can choose one (or several) of them. If you'd like more than one, I just ask that you choose no more than one per act. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Salvationist wrote: October 11th, 2020, 5:12 pm May I also read Ali? If so, I think this will be my last role for this play. It has been fun to be part of a play about Aladdin! I hope someone comes along to fill the title role soon.
Certainly you may! Thanks so much! :D This is definitely turning out to be a fun project. I was at first intimidated by the sheer length of it and the size of the cast, but I'm glad I decided to jump in, and I'm glad that you've enjoyed it as well. :9:
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

mightyfelix wrote: October 11th, 2020, 6:50 pm Welcome back! I remember working with you on some DRs in the past, but haven't seen you around in awhile. Lovely to see you again!

Every role that is marked "Open" in the MW needs a reader! You are welcome to try your hand at Aladdin, if you like. It is quite a large role, but fascinating! He has a lot to say, so you'd need to be prepared to spend a large chunk of time recording. We have a lovely princess already who needs a leading man. :)

But if you're not sure that you want to commit to playing him, I understand. There are also quite a lot of smaller roles. If you prefer cameo apperances, you can choose one (or several) of them. If you'd like more than one, I just ask that you choose no more than one per act. :D
I've spent some time skimming through the script, and I'd like to "try my hand at Aladdin." (Hopefully I can prove myself as dexterous as he... :wink: )

I will give it my all! :D

Lovely to see you again as well!
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent! I look forward to hearing your portrayal!
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

I've almost finished with my first pass of Act 1 for Aladdin (haven't done any editing yet and will likely be re-recording most of it...).

Though I have a quick question. On page 48 https://archive.org/details/aladdinorwonder00oehlgoog/page/n47/mode/2up How should I pronounce: "Emir", "Al Mamon", "Al Safi" and "wot" (as in "whom you wot of,")?