Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 5: Spot-checked and PL OK!
Ares

Post by Ares »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:45 pm
Ares wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 2:47 am Hi! i did section 20:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/forgodandgold_20_corbett_128kb.mp3
duration: 49:38

Any honest thoughts about what to keep improving and what is ok would be very appreciated :D
Awesome! The reading is much more flowing than last time - I think that there's room for more improvement, and that the more you read, the more your tongue will get used to pronouncing those tricky English words :mrgreen:
Yet you excellently managed to convey the feeling in those dramatic speeches at the end of the chapter!!
I really like the sound quality, it's crystal clear, so I can enjoy the fullness of your voice! I also like your reading speed; it's perfect for those - like me - that might need a little time to get used to an exotic accent :D
All in all, just one PL note, there's some text missing around 36:45 in the recording, here in bold:
It was the second afternoon after Frank's departure that we were returning to our fort with a load of planks, when we descried a deep-laden frigate making for Nombre de Dios.
'Will you not attempt her, Captain John?'
Thanks so much for the feedback, i just fixed it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/forgodandgold_20_corbett_128kb.mp3

new duration: 49:44
Ares

Post by Ares »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

That's amazing, thank you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 20 is spot-checked and PL OK!

In section 21, around 15:37, it sounds to me like there's a skip in the recording. Would you check your copy, Ares, and see if it sounds ok or not? Text should be "he took so strong a dose of his own compounding that he never spake again". If it sounds OK in your copy, it might have been an uploading glitch, in which case, would you upload again, please? Thank you!
WilliamDavis

Post by WilliamDavis »

Hello! May I claim Chapter 15?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, William. Section 15 is all yours. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 29th, 2020, 2:47 pm Section 20 is spot-checked and PL OK!

In section 21, around 15:37, it sounds to me like there's a skip in the recording. Would you check your copy, Ares, and see if it sounds ok or not? Text should be "he took so strong a dose of his own compounding that he never spake again". If it sounds OK in your copy, it might have been an uploading glitch, in which case, would you upload again, please? Thank you!
done :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/forgodandgold_21_corbett_128kb.mp3
new duration: 40:21

may i claim chapter 23 too ? :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How lovely. All yours. Have fun.
WilliamDavis

Post by WilliamDavis »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, William. What is the duration of chapter 15? Would you like to continue with 16?
WilliamDavis

Post by WilliamDavis »

The duration of Chapter 15 is 17:39. Sorry about forgetting to include it in the original reply. Sure I can take Chapter 16 as well
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Great. Have fun.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 21: Spot-checked and PL OK!

Chapter 15: PL OK!
WilliamDavis

Post by WilliamDavis »