COMPLETE SOLO Malcolm, by George MacDonald-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 64 is up. Quite a short one. I'd hoped to do a little more tonight, but there's some Gaelic in the next two chapters which I'll need to research and practice.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: September 25th, 2020, 10:49 pm Chapter 64 is up. Quite a short one. I'd hoped to do a little more tonight, but there's some Gaelic in the next two chapters which I'll need to research and practice.
Chapter 64 is PL OK. Oh, the dear-hearted Laird...!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two Gaelic phrases down, one (which needs must be spoken with force and great emotion) to go!

Chapter 65 is ready!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 66 is also ready. I've asked for feedback on my Gaelic from the reader who helped me with the pronunciation in the first place, so I may revisit those phrases, even after your PL ok, if she says I'm way off. :roll:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As a side note, I think I actually managed to injure my voice a bit with that last argle-bargle. :oops: :help:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 9:55 pm And 66 is also ready. I've asked for feedback on my Gaelic from the reader who helped me with the pronunciation in the first place, so I may revisit those phrases, even after your PL ok, if she says I'm way off. :roll:
That makes sense. I have no experience with Gaelic yet other than thinking it looks unpronounceable!

EDIT: I realized that's not quite accurate. There were a couple Gaelic names and phrases in "What's Mine's Mine," but I likely mispronounced them as I knew no-one who could help!
Last edited by HannahMary on October 3rd, 2020, 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 10:46 pm As a side note, I think I actually managed to injure my voice a bit with that last argle-bargle. :oops: :help:
Oh, no! Rest up!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 2:32 pm Two Gaelic phrases down, one (which needs must be spoken with force and great emotion) to go!

Chapter 65 is ready!
65 and 66 are PL OK. The Gaelic sounded beautiful despite the force!

Poor Duncan... I had totally forgotten the truth of his history!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've got that extra burst of energy that comes in at the end of the race... Chapter 67 is in the MW. Starting on 68 now...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 68 is uploading.

I'm afraid that Mrs. Courthope doesn't really sound quite as I would want her. I actually recorded all of her lines for the whole book early on in this project, so that all of them would be in character, and I've been inserting them as I came to each one. Unfortunately, that file was lost in a major crash on my other computer, and it's just like me not to have a backup of something important like that. :roll: So if any part of her lines sounds strange to you, especially as you've heard the rest of the book more recently than I have, please let me know, and I'll redo it.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 8:45 pm I've got that extra burst of energy that comes in at the end of the race... Chapter 67 is in the MW. Starting on 68 now...
Yay! I know that feeling.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 9:30 pm And 68 is uploading.

I'm afraid that Mrs. Courthope doesn't really sound quite as I would want her. I actually recorded all of her lines for the whole book early on in this project, so that all of them would be in character, and I've been inserting them as I came to each one. Unfortunately, that file was lost in a major crash on my other computer, and it's just like me not to have a backup of something important like that. :roll: So if any part of her lines sounds strange to you, especially as you've heard the rest of the book more recently than I have, please let me know, and I'll redo it.
Will do.

Sorry about the computer crash! I'm dealing with a couple years of lost emails due to my computer issues too. Even though I backed them up, most are inaccessible... The price we pay for many conveniences, I guess.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

67 and 68 are PL OK!

About Mrs. Courthope... there may be a hint more cockney than before in just a few words, but I don't know that I would have noticed it for sure if you hadn't mentioned it first. And since there is a large buffer between her previous appearances and this, I think you are fine leaving it as is unless it bothers you way too much.
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It won't bother me if I don't re-listen to it... And I pretty much never do! :lol:

It will probably bother a few listeners, but then, so will my Scottish, I have no doubt! Such is life. Moving on...

I hope to record the last two chapters today. :mrgreen:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: October 4th, 2020, 2:55 pm It won't bother me if I don't re-listen to it... And I pretty much never do! :lol:

It will probably bother a few listeners, but then, so will my Scottish, I have no doubt! Such is life. Moving on...

I hope to record the last two chapters today. :mrgreen:
:clap: !!!
~ Hannah