COMPLETE Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, volume 11-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

pyledriver wrote: September 27th, 2020, 8:24 am Sorry to be dragging my feet on Thomas de Quincey. Life got complicated, but I hope to record this week.
It's okay, thanks for letting us know you are still interested!
Leni
=================
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

ADKreader1122 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 1:12 pm Hi Ava,
Please review these two notes for Section #36. If you think they should be fixed for text meaning, go ahead and do that. If you think they are okay as is, just let me know and I'll mark the section PL Okay.

At 3:04--"stated" should be "started"
At 13:31--"Be" should be "By"
I don't know what it is lately that everybody gives one word PL notes. That's not useful. :?
I want to be able to search in the text and re-record accordingly without having to listen to myself again.

So please, give me a text fragment - a couple of words before and after the wrong one - so that I can search in the text.
Thank you for making my life easier.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

To Ava:

Here are your text fragments.

Approx. 3:04--Change "stated" to "started"
“In his introduction to the 'Historia' Diaz frankly admits that his principal motive in taking up his pen was to vindicate the valor of himself and others, who had been completely overshadowed by the exaggerated reputation of Cortés.

When fairly started, he happened to run across the 'Crónica de la Nueva España' (Saragossa, 1554) of Gomara, secretary and chaplain to Cortés, 1540-47. “

Approx. 13:31--Change "Be" to "By"
“He was also something of a poet, and a very good rhetorician; very devout to Our Holy Virgin and to St. Peter, St. Jago, and St. John the Baptist, and charitable to the poor. When he swore he used to say, "By my conscience!" and when he was angry with any of us his friends, he would say, "Oh! may you repent it."

Lora
MegH

Post by MegH »

Hi! I volunteer to read Section 25, works by Dekker please!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

ADKreader1122 wrote: September 29th, 2020, 12:36 pm To Ava:

Here are your text fragments.

Approx. 3:04--Change "stated" to "started"
When fairly started, he happened to run across

Approx. 13:31--Change "Be" to "By"
When he swore he used to say, "By my conscience!"
Thank you, that helps a lot! The above is all I need - I just do a text search (CTRL-F in Firefox), a few words that are (hopefully) unique will do the trick. I'll try to get those corrections to you asap.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

MegH wrote: September 29th, 2020, 12:46 pm Hi! I volunteer to read Section 25, works by Dekker please!
Thanks, Meg! Section assigned!
Leni
=================
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

I am just about done with section 6 except it ends with about a page and a half of notes (bibliographical references). I skimmed the forum and I didn't see anybody run into anything similar. Please advise if I should include this in the section. If not, I can go upload what I have. If I do, I will probably need a good reference to Italian style abbreviations (googling for the individual abbreviations didn't turn up anything helpful).
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

DJRickyV wrote: October 1st, 2020, 10:06 pm I am just about done with section 6 except it ends with about a page and a half of notes (bibliographical references). I skimmed the forum and I didn't see anybody run into anything similar. Please advise if I should include this in the section. If not, I can go upload what I have. If I do, I will probably need a good reference to Italian style abbreviations (googling for the individual abbreviations didn't turn up anything helpful).
Oh, no need to read the bibliographical notes. Don't worry about them!
Leni
=================
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Rita!
Leni
=================
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Rita,
Section #42 is PL Okay--many thanks!

Lora
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, everybody!
Leni
=================
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OK, filling in the missing text at the beginning from the Archive scan as discussed, here is Section 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature11_01_various_128kb.mp3 13:28
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Leni and Larry,
I had time to PL section #1 and have one question and one note. The question--do the author's name and dates of birth/death need to be added to the introduction? I believe the other sections include those items.

The note--at 7:09 please change the poem title from "The Doom of Life" to "The Doom of Lee."

Thanks to you both,
Lora