[COMPLETE] The Baby's Opera by Walter Crane-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

We seem to be all set here, so I'll move us to Going Solo. :)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

First 3 songs are in the MW for PL!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

jennlea wrote: September 30th, 2020, 5:20 pm First 3 songs are in the MW for PL!

I'll PL them right now! Thanks!
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Song 1 - Girls and Boys - PL OK

Fantastic piano accompaniement!
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Section2 - The Mulberry Bush - PL OK

Great singing!
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Section 3 - Oranges and Lemons - PL OK
(If you want it to be perfect, though I noticed that at:
Oranges and lemons, says the bells of St. Clemen’s;
You owe me five farthings, says the bells of St. Martin’s;
When will you pay me, says the bells of Old Bailey;
When I grow rich, says the bells of Shoreditch;
When will that be? says the bells of Stepney;
I do not know, says the great bell

The bell was pronounced bell(s), but it's not a big deal, at least I think)
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

I did notice, though, that for the first section, there is 6 seconds of silence, and in the following two sections, there are only 4 seconds. Is this a big deal? I marked them PL OK, since I don't know what to do. Everything else seems fine!
~ Shriya
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

spatel2 wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:10 pm I did notice, though, that for the first section, there is 6 seconds of silence, and in the following two sections, there are only 4 seconds. Is this a big deal? I marked them PL OK, since I don't know what to do. Everything else seems fine!
Thanks! I'll double check them all and decide about the bell(s) mistake as soon as I can :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

jennlea wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:52 pm
spatel2 wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:10 pm I did notice, though, that for the first section, there is 6 seconds of silence, and in the following two sections, there are only 4 seconds. Is this a big deal? I marked them PL OK, since I don't know what to do. Everything else seems fine!
Thanks! I'll double check them all and decide about the bell(s) mistake as soon as I can :)

Yeah. I don't know if this is a big deal, I guess it's your choice. :) Though I don't know whether I should mark them See PL Notes or just PL OK. I have seen in many projects to mark them See PL Notes, though I don't know what to do.
~ Shriya
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

After reviewing, I think the silence and the wrong word should be OK. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to change it. Just let me know!

I did check the silence. I record in Reaper and put a section of room tone at the end that is around 5 seconds so I'm not sure why it is coming up more and less than 5 on some of the sections :hmm:

I have a couple of projects for work that suddenly popped up so my schedule may be a little full the next few weeks. I'll try to record more sections when I get a chance :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

jennlea wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 10:02 am After reviewing, I think the silence and the wrong word should be OK. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to change it. Just let me know!

I did check the silence. I record in Reaper and put a section of room tone at the end that is around 5 seconds so I'm not sure why it is coming up more and less than 5 on some of the sections :hmm:

I have a couple of projects for work that suddenly popped up so my schedule may be a little full the next few weeks. I'll try to record more sections when I get a chance :)
Great! First three sections are good to go. :thumbs:
~ Shriya
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

As an extra set of eyes/ears, I took a look at the silences, too. They all look fine to me. It could be, depending on what you're using to listen to the files, that the playback program is rounding up or down, and that might skew it a bit. I'd say, if it looks like 4 or 6 seconds, then that'll be fine. But if it seems to be further off than that, then it could be a problem.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 11:09 am As an extra set of eyes/ears, I took a look at the silences, too. They all look fine to me. It could be, depending on what you're using to listen to the files, that the playback program is rounding up or down, and that might skew it a bit. I'd say, if it looks like 4 or 6 seconds, then that'll be fine. But if it seems to be further off than that, then it could be a problem.
Thank you for also checking!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
msfry

Post by msfry »

Jenn, if you plan to claim your cover as either BC or Soloist, don't forget to preclaim it at Volunteer CD Covers Forum, and put a notation somewhere (maybe at bottom of the first post) that you've done that and claim has been accepted. Preclaim number can be found in lower left of screen when you hover over the BCAdmin link of the MW. Please excuse if you already know this because I see you've already done a cover on your first solo.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

msfry wrote: October 14th, 2020, 1:56 pm Jenn, if you plan to claim your cover as either BC or Soloist, don't forget to preclaim it at Volunteer CD Covers Forum, and put a notation somewhere (maybe at bottom of the first post) that you've done that and claim has been accepted. Preclaim number can be found in lower left of screen when you hover over the BCAdmin link of the MW. Please excuse if you already know this because I see you've already done a cover on your first solo.
Thanks Michele! I didn’t think of putting the cover being claimed in a post. I haven’t claimed this one yet but did claim the cover for The Woman in the Alcove that I’m almost finished with. Is there a way to check the claim was accepted? I had preclaimed the cover for my first solo but it didn’t get marked or something and someone else then claimed it. It all got sorted out but would be nice to know if the claims got accepted.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings