[Grp/detective] Hidden Foes by Nicholas Carter - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 26th, 2020, 3:48 pm

MManolakes wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:06 pm
I would like Chapter 15.

Mike
You've got it
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

FlamboyantOtter
Posts: 44
Joined: March 15th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Post by FlamboyantOtter » September 26th, 2020, 8:02 pm

VocalPenguin wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlamboyantOtter wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:17 am
Chapter 3 is done :)
Duration: 12:03
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_03_carter_128kb.mp3
Nicely read! I just have one small note from PL.

At 0:17, for the second part of the chapter introduction, you say "Chapter 3 of Hidden Foes." This should instead be "Hidden Foes, by Nicholas Carter. Chapter 3"

Once you get into the actual chapter though, everything sounds great! :thumbs:
Here's the fixed link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_03_carter_128kb.mp3

New duration: 12:06

Please tell me if there are any other problems. Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 26th, 2020, 8:09 pm

FlamboyantOtter wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 8:02 pm
VocalPenguin wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlamboyantOtter wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:17 am
Chapter 3 is done :)
Duration: 12:03
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_03_carter_128kb.mp3
Nicely read! I just have one small note from PL.

At 0:17, for the second part of the chapter introduction, you say "Chapter 3 of Hidden Foes." This should instead be "Hidden Foes, by Nicholas Carter. Chapter 3"

Once you get into the actual chapter though, everything sounds great! :thumbs:
Here's the fixed link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_03_carter_128kb.mp3

New duration: 12:06

Please tell me if there are any other problems. Thank you!
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Owlivia
Posts: 363
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » September 26th, 2020, 11:49 pm


TonyP
Posts: 88
Joined: February 17th, 2012, 9:21 pm
Contact:

Post by TonyP » September 27th, 2020, 5:14 am

...TonyP (Tony Posante)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 27th, 2020, 8:54 am

Owlivia wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:49 pm
Chapter 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_02_carter_128kb.mp3

11:34.39
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 27th, 2020, 8:55 am

TonyP wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 5:14 am
I have uploaded Ch 6 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_06_carter_128kb.mp3 8:25 -TonyP
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

VocalPenguin
Posts: 83
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » September 27th, 2020, 9:26 am

FlamboyantOtter wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 8:02 pm
Here's the fixed link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_03_carter_128kb.mp3

New duration: 12:06

Please tell me if there are any other problems. Thank you!
No other problems. Everything sounds great! PL OK! :thumbs:

VocalPenguin
Posts: 83
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » September 27th, 2020, 9:41 am

Owlivia wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:49 pm
Chapter 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_02_carter_128kb.mp3

11:34.39
Chapter 2 is PL OK!

VocalPenguin
Posts: 83
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » September 27th, 2020, 10:00 am

TonyP wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 5:14 am
I have uploaded Ch 6 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_06_carter_128kb.mp3 8:25 -TonyP
Sounds great! Just a couple of small fixes:

At 0:20 you forgot to say the name of the chapter. The full line here should be "Hidden Foes, by Nicholas Carter. Chapter 6: Doctor Devoll"

Additionally, your file is slightly loud. The file's volume is at 92.4 dB, whereas we try to keep files in the 86-92 dB range.

TonyP
Posts: 88
Joined: February 17th, 2012, 9:21 pm
Contact:

Post by TonyP » September 27th, 2020, 10:38 am

OK, thanks. I have added "Chapter 6" to the title and lowered the volume about 4db. The new length is 8:24 for some reason. Have a great weekend -TonyP https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_06_carter_128kb.mp3
...TonyP (Tony Posante)

VocalPenguin
Posts: 83
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » September 27th, 2020, 11:09 am

TonyP wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 10:38 am
OK, thanks. I have added "Chapter 6" to the title and lowered the volume about 4db. The new length is 8:24 for some reason. Have a great weekend -TonyP https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_06_carter_128kb.mp3
Thanks, everything is now in order, and Chapter 6 is PL OK!

MManolakes
Posts: 271
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » September 28th, 2020, 6:10 pm


VocalPenguin
Posts: 83
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by VocalPenguin » September 29th, 2020, 6:22 am

MManolakes wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Chapter 15, duration 17:31

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hiddenfoes_15_carter_128kb.mp3

Mike
Chapter 15 is PL OK!

njgorgen
Posts: 540
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Post by njgorgen » September 29th, 2020, 5:46 pm


Post Reply