[COMPLETE] The Baby's Opera by Walter Crane-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

The Baby's Opera by Walter Crane (1845 - 1915).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-babys-opera-by-walter-crane/
The Baby's Opera is a charming book of 37 nursery rhymes set to music. It contains several favorites from "Three Blind Mice" to "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and other delightful tunes that will be sure to please children and adults alike! ( Jenn Broda)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25418
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Poetry

Keywords that describe the book: nursery rhymes, songs, children's songs, music

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Song [number] of The Baby's Opera.
      This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Baby's Opera, by Walter Crane. [Song Title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Song [number] of The Baby's Opera by Walter Crane. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Song Title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of Song [number]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Baby's Opera, by Walter Crane. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename babysopera_##_crane_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. babysopera_01_crane_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Walter Crane
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Baby's Opera

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mightyfelix
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by jennlea on February 8th, 2021, 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Devorah has kindly offered to MC this :9:

My plans are to sing the songs with accompaniment which I created using the sheet music in the book.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I am happy to set this up! I have a little catch-up to do for some other projects, but I'll be sure to get your MW up before bed tonight. :D
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Could I DPL this? (If I am not experienced enough, please tell me, and I will keep recording instead!) Thanks! (I also read the PL wiki, like one of the other MODS suggested)
~ Shriya
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Jenn, you're all set! The MW is ready for you to populate. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

spatel2 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 7:48 pm Could I DPL this? (If I am not experienced enough, please tell me, and I will keep recording instead!) Thanks! (I also read the PL wiki, like one of the other MODS suggested)
A new PLer has to start somewhere! I'd guess that this book won't have too many challenges for a new DPL, and might be a great place for you to practice and learn. But I'll let Jenn make the final call. :)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

spatel2 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 7:48 pm Could I DPL this? (If I am not experienced enough, please tell me, and I will keep recording instead!) Thanks! (I also read the PL wiki, like one of the other MODS suggested)
Of course! I'd be happy to have you as DPL! As Devorah said, we all have to start somewhere (I'm still fairly new to LibriVox myself) :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

mightyfelix wrote: September 28th, 2020, 7:51 pm Ok, Jenn, you're all set! The MW is ready for you to populate. :)
Thanks so much! Looking forward to getting started :D
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Thanks so much for your kindness! I can't wait to get started. :thumbs:
~ Shriya
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

spatel2 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 8:16 pm Thanks so much for your kindness! I can't wait to get started. :thumbs:
Alright. I've given you access to the MW. As DPL, the only thing you're in charge of as far as editing the MW goes is that, after listening to a section, you'll change the status to either PL ok or See PL notes. Phil has given you instructions on how to log in to the MW. Let him and/or me know if you have trouble. It's the same system for both projects.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Is it OK to do the disclaimer as follows instead of using what's in the MW?

"[Song Title] of The Baby's Opera.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain.
For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
Recording by [your name]
The Baby's Opera, by Walter Crane. [Song Title]"

For all chapters after the first I'd use:
"[Song Title] of The Baby's Opera by Walter Crane.
This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hmm. Well, the numbering is important, actually. It's helpful when listening, especially for people with visual impairments or who just can't look at the screen for whatever reason (driving, etc). It makes it easier to skip through and find the right section quickly and be sure you're not skipping one by accident. How about this:

Section 1:
"Song [number] of The Baby's Opera.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org Recording by [your name] The Baby's Opera, by Walter Crane. [Song Title]"

For all chapters after the first:
"Song [number] of The Baby's Opera by Walter Crane. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain. [Song Title]"

And at the end of each section:
"End of Song [number]"
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Ahh, I see. That makes sense! I'm fine with what you suggested then. Thank you!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! Don't forget you can edit the first post, to enter that disclaimer script there where you can find it easily.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

mightyfelix wrote: September 29th, 2020, 8:12 pm Great! Don't forget you can edit the first post, to enter that disclaimer script there where you can find it easily.
:thumbs:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings