Complete [NOVEL] Children Of The Abbey By Regina Maria Roche-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kyouhanaie

Post by kyouhanaie »

Hi, can I please have chapters XXXIX and XL?
Thanks!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, all yours. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

Hi!

There's an unexpected footnote near the start of Chapter 19 (section 23).

I'm guessing leave it out? It interrupts the sentence and wouldn't work as an aside where it's placed.

Thought I'd best check whether you want it included or not - thanks!
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I totally trust your judgement.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

Awesome, thank you!
Jake the dog
kyouhanaie

Post by kyouhanaie »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.
kyouhanaie

Post by kyouhanaie »

KVos

Post by KVos »

Greetings,
I would love to read Section 14, Chapter 12, Part 1
Best wishes,
Karen Vos
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. Would you like to continue with chapter 38 parts 1 and 2?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

KVos wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:03 pm Greetings,
Best wishes,
Karen Vos

Hello Karen, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. I am sorry, but in a chppter which has 2 parts, I would like the reader to take both parts of the chapter. In this case, 14 and 15. There are two reasons for this:
1. It would be much better for the listener. Having a change of reader in the middle of such a chapter is not a good idea.
2. I want the reader to see if we chose to split in the right place. There is no one who knows better then the reader of the chapter.
So I cannot give you 14 without 15. Now you have two options:
1. Section 20 is the short chapter 16. You can start with that.
2. You can take 14 and 15.
What ever you see fit. I would love to work with you.
Stav.
schrm

Post by schrm »

heyho,

thank you for your recordings!
as english is my second language, it is always nice to listen to wordperfect readings - so really a big thank you :D

there are some minor issues, which are not that big of a problem.. i will explain them and apologize for being too long maybe? but i think, for a new reader it is better to know about some more common rules of thumb and maybe helpful stuff.

1. please take care of our intros. we just need this for a somewhat uniform, consistent listening experience and it avoids some legal problems, in some cases.
in your case, the repetition of the chapter number at the end of the intro is missing. that is not that big of a problem, but please, add this.
(by the way: there is no need to record anew or these words: you can just copy and paste it from the beginning of the recording!)

2. when i started, i was reading totally slow, much slower than you! and i was making long pauses - that is why i got the feedback, that i have to keep an eye for longish pauses. and the rule of thumb, i was given, was two seconds. so that is why i recommend to edit these longish pauses:
- 8:52,5-8:55,3 longish pause with mouth noise (which you can cut)
- 10:22,5-10:25,5 longish pause (with a bump-noise which you can cut)
- 14:09,5-14:12 longish pause
(since i know it for some weeks, only: after marking the passage you want to cut, you can press the letter z and the endings of your marked positions will jump to soundwave crossing at zero. this avoids cutting artefacts and disturbance noises)

3. please differ between chapter numbers and section numbers. because the chapters length in a book varies wildly, we most often have more section numbers than chapters.
in short: you claimed chapter 39, which is section 48.
in the filename, we need the section-number. so your filename is not correct and will get overwritten, when sections 39 and 40 get uploaded.

--> please upload the edited file with the correct flename - thank you!

and last but not least: i apologize for typos and mistakes...
i keep finding them after posting this...

:D

cheers,
wolfi

other pl will have to wait a bit more, a broken arm in my family waits for me
Last edited by schrm on October 3rd, 2020, 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KVos

Post by KVos »

Hello Stav,
I can take 14 and 15. I didn't want to be rude and ask for two. 😊 I'll know for next time.
Let me know if thats ok and I'll get started!
Have a great day.
Karen
miss stav wrote: September 26th, 2020, 11:15 pm
KVos wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:03 pm Greetings,
Best wishes,
Karen Vos

Hello Karen, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. I am sorry, but in a chppter which has 2 parts, I would like the reader to take both parts of the chapter. In this case, 14 and 15. There are two reasons for this:
1. It would be much better for the listener. Having a change of reader in the middle of such a chapter is not a good idea.
2. I want the reader to see if we chose to split in the right place. There is no one who knows better then the reader of the chapter.
So I cannot give you 14 without 15. Now you have two options:
1. Section 20 is the short chapter 16. You can start with that.
2. You can take 14 and 15.
What ever you see fit. I would love to work with you.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Karen,
sure, that would be lovely. In my projects, you can ask for as many sections as you want. As long as you record them, I am totally fine with that. Have fun,
Stav.
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

Jake the dog