[Complete] Multilingual First Chapter Collection 07 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 16th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Horner94 wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 4:09 pm
Hello,
May I have a few more days to amend my recording? I'll try to have it done no later than the end of this week.

Kind regards,
Chad
Chad, you have had 2 1/2 months.
I said I would delete it if the other 19 sections were claimed. We’re at 18 now. I don’t feel inclined to change that.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Jime1
Posts: 31
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 6:24 am

Post by Jime1 » September 28th, 2020, 7:32 am

What kind of books are part of this colecction? Can they be short or long? ;)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 28th, 2020, 7:38 am

Jime1 wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 7:32 am
What kind of books are part of this colecction? Can they be short or long? ;)
Any book, any subject, fiction or non-fiction (probably not the phone book, though :lol:) You just read the first chapter. Preferably under an hour long.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Jime1
Posts: 31
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 6:24 am

Post by Jime1 » September 28th, 2020, 7:41 am

Would be ok if I record "A silly question" by Edith Nesbit? (It is quite short)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/27190/27190-h/27190-h.htm#Page_40

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 28th, 2020, 8:00 am

Jime1 wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 7:41 am
Would be ok if I record "A silly question" by Edith Nesbit? (It is quite short)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/27190/27190-h/27190-h.htm#Page_40
That wouldn't fit in this collection as it is not the first chapter. It would probably fit in Children's Short Works viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82854
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Jime1
Posts: 31
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 6:24 am

Post by Jime1 » September 28th, 2020, 8:03 am

oh ok. i'll look for one that fits. Do you have a link of some of them to recommend me to record for this collection?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 28th, 2020, 8:12 am

Jime1 wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 8:03 am
oh ok. i'll look for one that fits. Do you have a link of some of them to recommend me to record for this collection?
It can be any book... even the first chapter of that same book. "Too Clever by Half"

FYI, there is currently a collection on dogs (the second half of the book)... but the limit is 15 minutes long. I'm not sure if any of those stories are short enough. You will be looking at less than 2000 words. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=82691
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Jime1
Posts: 31
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 6:24 am

Post by Jime1 » September 28th, 2020, 8:29 am

The invisible man (The strange man's arrival, 1st chapter) by H.G Wells would it be ok? :)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Jime1 wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 8:29 am
The invisible man (The strange man's arrival, 1st chapter) by H.G Wells would it be ok? :)
Yes. I’d recommend using this link: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5230
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 924
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » October 3rd, 2020, 4:45 pm

Hello,
I apologise for the delay in responding to your PL notes; although, I decided to re-recorded the chapter because I have moved to a different location and was able to edit this recording more thoroughly in comparison to the previous raw recording.
Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fc07_villageitself_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 13:52

Many thanks,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 3rd, 2020, 5:05 pm

Horner94 wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 4:45 pm
Hello,
I apologise for the delay in responding to your PL notes; although, I decided to re-recorded the chapter because I have moved to a different location and was able to edit this recording more thoroughly in comparison to the previous raw recording.
Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fc07_villageitself_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 13:52

Many thanks,
Chad
Ok I’ll listen in the next couple of days
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 5th, 2020, 10:12 am

When the Lint Was in the Bell

Chad, please be sure to edit before uploading. This is creating a lot of extra work.

~0:50 repeat "Two great railway companies..."
~1:10 stumble "The great...the general appearance"
~2:30 repeat "These things being conceded"
~2:40 repeat "neither more nor less"
~2:55 stumbles "Railway trains were... railways trains...railway trains were only heard"
~3:20 mangled word "betokened"
~3:40 repeat "The farmers, when not requiring to take their- horses on market-days"
~4:20 stumble "when owning... when owing"
~4:50 repeat "On rare occasions"
~5:20 repeat "from the Capital"
~5:35-5:44 long pause, and I can hear scrolling between pages. Please cut to about 2 seconds and remove the scrolling sounds.
~6:30 repeat "if rain came on we turned it down all round. "
~7:10 repeat "This was the reason of our customary silence"
~7:26-7:36 long pause followed by repeat "by leaning over"
~7:48 repeat "and commenting to each other on the passers-by"
~7:58 repeat "There may not have been any great rush of trade in the village"
~8:49-8:55 long pause
~8:59 Stumbles "The leading draper was also pretty sessions clerk....The leading draper was also pretty sessions clerk...The leading draper was also petty sessions clerk"
~9:20 stumble "possessing"
~10:05 stumble "of his maiden...of his midden"
~10:55 stumble "of the middens"
~11:10-11:34 sentence very disjointed... it should be tightened up, so as to sound like a single sentence rather than odd words
11:52 repeat "wun"
13:15 pause. Tighten up "Jamie Miskimmon" -- as read, it sounds like 2 different people
~14:22 repeat "so long as the fishes lasted."
~14:27-14:33 Long pause
~14:38 stumble " that he would not lay aside his visit... that he would not lay aside the work on hand"
~15:10 repeat "We sat pretty constantly... We sat pretty constantly in the shop"
~15:30 repeat "Jamie promising to bring them to our house"
~15:50 repeat "and a fierce storm was ranging"
~16:30 repeat "having gone out to convoy a friend"
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

danichole
Posts: 9
Joined: July 18th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Post by danichole » October 5th, 2020, 11:25 am

I would like to do section 20.

Horner94
Posts: 924
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » October 5th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Lynnet wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 10:12 am
When the Lint Was in the Bell

Chad, please be sure to edit before uploading. This is creating a lot of extra work.

~0:50 repeat "Two great railway companies..."
~1:10 stumble "The great...the general appearance"
~2:30 repeat "These things being conceded"
~2:40 repeat "neither more nor less"
~2:55 stumbles "Railway trains were... railways trains...railway trains were only heard"
~3:20 mangled word "betokened"
~3:40 repeat "The farmers, when not requiring to take their- horses on market-days"
~4:20 stumble "when owning... when owing"
~4:50 repeat "On rare occasions"
~5:20 repeat "from the Capital"
~5:35-5:44 long pause, and I can hear scrolling between pages. Please cut to about 2 seconds and remove the scrolling sounds.
~6:30 repeat "if rain came on we turned it down all round. "
~7:10 repeat "This was the reason of our customary silence"
~7:26-7:36 long pause followed by repeat "by leaning over"
~7:48 repeat "and commenting to each other on the passers-by"
~7:58 repeat "There may not have been any great rush of trade in the village"
~8:49-8:55 long pause
~8:59 Stumbles "The leading draper was also pretty sessions clerk....The leading draper was also pretty sessions clerk...The leading draper was also petty sessions clerk"
~9:20 stumble "possessing"
~10:05 stumble "of his maiden...of his midden"
~10:55 stumble "of the middens"
~11:10-11:34 sentence very disjointed... it should be tightened up, so as to sound like a single sentence rather than odd words
11:52 repeat "wun"
13:15 pause. Tighten up "Jamie Miskimmon" -- as read, it sounds like 2 different people
~14:22 repeat "so long as the fishes lasted."
~14:27-14:33 Long pause
~14:38 stumble " that he would not lay aside his visit... that he would not lay aside the work on hand"
~15:10 repeat "We sat pretty constantly... We sat pretty constantly in the shop"
~15:30 repeat "Jamie promising to bring them to our house"
~15:50 repeat "and a fierce storm was ranging"
~16:30 repeat "having gone out to convoy a friend"
Hello Lynnet,
Thank you for the message. Are you sure you meant to send me this feedback? There are inconsistencies with your feedback and my re-recording? Also my recording does not last to 16 minutes 30 seconds? Please can you clarify this?
Many thanks,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21710
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 5th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Horner94 wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Lynnet wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 10:12 am
When the Lint Was in the Bell

Chad, please be sure to edit before uploading. This is creating a lot of extra work.

~0:50 repeat "Two great railway companies..."
~1:10 stumble "The great...the general appearance"
~2:30 repeat "These things being conceded"
~2:40 repeat "neither more nor less"
~2:55 stumbles "Railway trains were... railways trains...railway trains were only heard"
~3:20 mangled word "betokened"
~3:40 repeat "The farmers, when not requiring to take their- horses on market-days"
~4:20 stumble "when owning... when owing"
~4:50 repeat "On rare occasions"
~5:20 repeat "from the Capital"
~5:35-5:44 long pause, and I can hear scrolling between pages. Please cut to about 2 seconds and remove the scrolling sounds.
~6:30 repeat "if rain came on we turned it down all round. "
~7:10 repeat "This was the reason of our customary silence"
~7:26-7:36 long pause followed by repeat "by leaning over"
~7:48 repeat "and commenting to each other on the passers-by"
~7:58 repeat "There may not have been any great rush of trade in the village"
~8:49-8:55 long pause
~8:59 Stumbles "The leading draper was also pretty sessions clerk....The leading draper was also pretty sessions clerk...The leading draper was also petty sessions clerk"
~9:20 stumble "possessing"
~10:05 stumble "of his maiden...of his midden"
~10:55 stumble "of the middens"
~11:10-11:34 sentence very disjointed... it should be tightened up, so as to sound like a single sentence rather than odd words
11:52 repeat "wun"
13:15 pause. Tighten up "Jamie Miskimmon" -- as read, it sounds like 2 different people
~14:22 repeat "so long as the fishes lasted."
~14:27-14:33 Long pause
~14:38 stumble " that he would not lay aside his visit... that he would not lay aside the work on hand"
~15:10 repeat "We sat pretty constantly... We sat pretty constantly in the shop"
~15:30 repeat "Jamie promising to bring them to our house"
~15:50 repeat "and a fierce storm was ranging"
~16:30 repeat "having gone out to convoy a friend"
Hello Lynnet,
Thank you for the message. Are you sure you meant to send me this feedback? There are inconsistencies with your feedback and my re-recording? Also my recording does not last to 16 minutes 30 seconds? Please can you clarify this?
Many thanks,
Chad
Yes, it took me over an hour to PL and make note of the errors and times.
This is the recording on the server. If you think it’s wrong (which it may be), please reupload the edited file.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 4 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 8 sections remaining

Post Reply