COMPLETE - [SOLO] The Boy Scouts of Woodcraft Camp - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks! I can understand- both setting goals and trying to keep them.
Are things going any better for you?
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
linny

Post by linny »

I marked chapter 8 as PL OK. There is one optional note. It caught my attention, only because I was reading along, but I don't think it impacts the meaning. You may want to leave it.

20:21 (optional word change) - Turning his own eyes from the two burning there in the blackness he presently became aware of two more, smaller and lower down. A second later he saw a third pair.

Mom's in surgery right now. This time a simple gall bladder removal. With a little luck they will discharge her today.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Wow! I wouldn't think of Gall Bladder removal as simple. I hope all went well.

Ch 9 is up for PL.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
linny

Post by linny »

Keratak wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:10 pm Wow! I wouldn't think of Gall Bladder removal as simple. I hope all went well.

Ch 9 is up for PL.
She had a heart cauterization last week. In the past she's had an appendectomy, breast cancer, and brain surgery to fix a case of trigeminal neuralgia. I guess we are a little 'skewed' at this stage. Gall bladder doesn't seem as big of a deal as what she has already done. We were hoping she would be home tonight but last night was rough on her so it might be a little more time.

I need to go to the office for a couple of hours but should be able to listen this afternoon.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 9 is PL OK. I bet I can guess what they caught with that picture. :wink:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Shhh! Don't tell me. I want to be surprised.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 10 is ready for PL.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 10 is PL OK. I want to know whatever happened to the photograph solutions and the awful men killing deer out of season.

Chapter 11 was almost more than I could take. I'm (epi-pen level allergic to bees) :shock:
0:20 word change (optional) - It flooded with soft golden light the scar on the face of the great forest which nature, ever abhorrent of the ugly, was trying to mask under a riot of fireweed and early goldenrod. Blackened stumps were half hidden under tangled canes of the red raspberry. In the more open places low bush blueberries carpeted the ground.
I hear green

14:47 word change - “I guess you’ve got yours all right, all right, and don’t need nothin’ more,” he muttered. “Now let’s get out of here. This blamed eye of mine will be closed tight pretty quick. Gee, how those little duffers can sting!”
I hear sing
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks.
I'll have to look into those.

I thought about what would have happened to them if they'd had a reaction.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I tried some fixes for Ch 7 and Ch11.
The Sing-Sting thing I think I'll leave, and chalk it up to quint accent.
I wonder if subconsciously I was thinking of the Jackson Browne song, "That Girl Could Sing?"
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I had to put Ch 12 up twice.
The first time I forgot to reset the MP3 to 125Hz.

The cool reason for that was I was recording an audition for an Audible Book!
I guy I'd actually met on here when he was looking for a reader for his book series in 2019 contacted me.
I had proof read his books that Summer as a consolation prize for not getting the VO job.
Now, his original VO artist had fallen through, and he like the reader from a book he'd just downloaded from LV...which turned out to be my first solo project from December!
He hadn't noticed the name when he downloaded it.

Let's see how it goes! This might be my last LV project for a while.
I have all 20 chapters recorded, now it's down to the patchwork.
linny

Post by linny »

Sections 7 and 11 are spot check PL OK.

That's exciting news for you. Good luck. I hope you will enjoy that process.

I am very glad to hear you will be able to finish up this project. I'm enjoying it very much. :D
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks. I submitted a second audition last night. We'll see.

How are things with you? I hope Mom is doing better.
linny

Post by linny »

Mom's home. My sister went home as well so now we are trying to settle into a new routine.

Chapters 12 and 13 are both PL OK.

A bear cub for a pet. I can't imagine any trouble coming from that. :roll:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

It sounds like things are settling down. I hope that's the case for you.
Ch 14 is up now.

There's a phrase in here I only heard back as a kid in the 70's, and then just as an over-the-top joke.
It'd be sure to cause trouble today!