[COMPLETE] Love Stories Volume 3-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

alg1001 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 6:56 pm Hi Michele,
Please use the original source material for the Willa Cather story. It is here on Hathi Trust:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=coo.31924065816104&view=1up&seq=151&q1=willa%20cather
Thanks,
-Amy
I switched the link. :thumbs:
algarner

Post by algarner »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, algarner.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
msfry

Post by msfry »

The River Stairs is PL OK. Thank you. Talking stairs, how unique! And was that splash at the end what I thought it was?
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Mrs. Knolly's PL OK

Wow! What a love story! I need to look up that glacier paper, if it is real. Thanks for a great reading, Lisa . Your voice is crystal clear.

TIP: A suggestion for future readings, pauses 3.5 seconds or more generally seem too long and by 5 seconds like at 9:11 and 20:25, it feels like the story has ended. For this reason I try to keep my pauses under 3 seconds between Parts, and under 2 seconds between paragraphs.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes On The Gulls Road

Alayna, this was a highly stylized, sentimental story, which you read with great charm and grace. Despite its length, it held my interest throughout. A few things you should attend to on future recordings, is the frequency of "airplane flyovers" which occurred every five minutes or so, and quite a bit of thumping around, like you were moving things on your desk. I am in an air traffic lane myself, and have learned to pause my recording until the plane flies over or until the siren, motorcycle or hot rod goes by. I can even record between thunder rolls. It's an acquired skill. :lol: :lol:

Now, as to this recording I cited quite a few stumbles below that can easily be removed without any re-recording, just carefully select the stumble and delete. Listen again and if it doesn't sound perfect, go back and repeat until it does. This is much easier if you expand the wave form, and learn to use the C, Z and X keyboard shortcuts in Audacity. These stumbles are common to us all, but need to be deleted. Then there are a few omissions from the text and a few misreads that will need recording.

Complete your edits and post the revised file with the same file name as before, notating the new time. Let me know if you run into problems. With your permission, I could delete the stumbles for you.

1:35, after "she had very little", there is a missing paragraph beginning with "He shrugged his shoulders...., ending with another "she had very little."
8:53 stumble preven-presenting them to her, clip out preven
9:56 stumble ub-ubiquitous engineer, clip out ub
15:10 The heading "Part 2" is missing.
17:50 stumbe that of a meth. . .vessel moving, clip out meth
20:43 - 21:38 volume drops significantly. I recommend a boost of Effects/Amplify/+3.5
22:25 The heading "Part 3" is missing.
27:36 The heading "Part 4" is missing.
35:10 Hasn't it been at all pleasant, it is missing,
39:15 stumble exclam-clam-ations
39:34 stumble went on bro-board the Germania
43:35 It was warm and softly scented under my lips, you say "It was soft and warm under my lips,"
Outro should say: End of On the Gulls Road, by author.

Because this is the last file remaining to complete on this project, I hope you can attend to this by next Friday.
aakennedy

Post by aakennedy »

Hi Michele,

Thank you for listening, and for you kind and helpful feedback! I am still very new to Librivox and learning the ropes, so I appreciate your help very much!

I have made all of the changes you noted in your response, and uploaded a new version that can be found here -
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_onthegullsroad_cather_ak_128kb_(2).mp3
with a new recording time of 40:11

I do apologize for the length of this story - one of the things I have learned is that it takes MUCH longer to read a story out loud instead of reading it silently. Thanks again for all your feedback!
msfry

Post by msfry »

aakennedy wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 10:38 am Hi Michele,

Thank you for listening, and for you kind and helpful feedback! I am still very new to Librivox and learning the ropes, so I appreciate your help very much!

I have made all of the changes you noted in your response, and uploaded a new version that can be found here -
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_onthegullsroad_cather_ak_128kb_(2).mp3
with a new recording time of 40:11

I do apologize for the length of this story - one of the things I have learned is that it takes MUCH longer to read a story out loud instead of reading it silently. Thanks again for all your feedback!
The first part of your Intro is missing. All else is good.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Michele,
aakennedy hasn't returned. The intro was on her first file. I tagged it onto the corrected file. The new length is 44:25. It is ready for spot pl.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_onthegullsroad_cather_ak_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay then, it's PL OK, I've tweaked the summary, and we're ready to go to catalog. The cover is ready, too. Will you be joining me on Volume 4?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will get this cataloged tomorrow. I am going to pass on volume 4.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/love-stories-volume-3-by-various/

Congratulations! :clap:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Amy. Thanks everybody. The cover has been uploaded. Be on the lookout for Love Stories 4 in Readers Wanted, Short Works, coming soon.