Anyone a potterhead?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

Wow. Slytherin according to a friend, Ravenclaw and HufflePuff is how you would describe yourself.... You've almost got every House in there! :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Kristine1990 wrote: ↑September 18th, 2020, 8:18 pm Wow. Slytherin according to a friend, Ravenclaw and HufflePuff is how you would describe yourself.... You've almost got every House in there! :lol:
:lol: :lol: All except that classic House, Gryffindor. :cry:
I first read the series last year and got hooked...I love the magic of it all (not just the wandwork and spells, though) and those themes of sacrifice and love and loss. since I finished the series I've been obsessively sketching fan art :lol:
Definitely a treasure in the literature world :9:
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

I agree, JayKitty. The magic is all through the book, not just in the spells. :)
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

Exactly and I especially love the plot in it
benderca

Post by benderca »

There are 2 kinds of people on this earth:

-- People who LOVE the Harry Potter books

and

-- People who have not yet read the Harry Potter books. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is my favorite book of all time. Fiction or Nonfiction.

(I'm definitely Gryffindor).
TJ
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

benderca wrote: ↑September 23rd, 2020, 11:41 am There are 2 kinds of people on this earth:

-- People who LOVE the Harry Potter books

and

-- People who have not yet read the Harry Potter books. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TJ I am with you on this :lol: I have not yet met a person who has read the series and doesn't like it. What's not to like about it!!

I have to say, for me it's a tie between Half-Blood Prince (personally I think that's probably the darkest one in the series) and The Deathly Hallows, though. Those two, and Cross Roads by William Paul Young are my 3 favorite books in the world right now.

Has anyone read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events? I read it when I was younger and loved it then, but looking back on them now, I don't think they were all that great. Too much dark humor for my tastes. Same with the Percy Jackson series (s)...
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

I'm about to re-read the Lemony Snicket series. (My library recently gave me all the old hardcovers, because they wanted a newer edition.)
I agree, there is a lot of dark humor, but I like how that made it unique. :) I really got into them around the age of 13.
As for Percy Jackson, I've never read it, and that's the next series I have on hold at my library. :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Kristine1990 wrote: ↑September 23rd, 2020, 7:36 pm I'm about to re-read the Lemony Snicket series. (My library recently gave me all the old hardcovers, because they wanted a newer edition.)
I agree, there is a lot of dark humor, but I like how that made it unique. :) I really got into them around the age of 13.
As for Percy Jackson, I've never read it, and that's the next series I have on hold at my library. :)
Tell me what you think!
I do think that A Series of Unfortunate Events is cleverly written. Percy Jackson has a ton of action....I actually only read the first two books in the original series (The Lightning Thief and The Sea of Monsters) but I learned about something later in the books that kind of went against my beliefs as a Christian. But The Lightning Thief was actually pretty good, definitely entertaining.
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

I will let you know what I think. :)
reader25

Post by reader25 »

I love Harry Potter ^^ It's been a while since I read it but it made my childhood :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Harry Potter has definitely shaped my own writing voice. I love everything about J.K. Rowling's writing style, it's tender and funny with a touch of mystery.

I know I've literally filled up this thread with a lot of ranting posts about HP but it's my favorite book series for a reason :lol: