FULL[PLAY]Gretchen by Gilbert - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Kitty wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 4:24 am
oh I see the handkerchiefs have to be handy again for this play :cry: what a sad final scene. And Lisa is really well portrayed. A bit humble and subdued in the beginning, but then defiant against the self-righteous girls and so totally grateful and loyal to Gretchen. :9: I enjoyed it very much, thank you, Kelly. All PL ok :)

Sonia
Ah yes, this is definitely going to be a tear-jerker! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :D
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mokana501

Post by mokana501 »

I'd love to voice Agatha in acts 2 & 3 of this play if possible! :) Thank you!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mokana501 wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 10:20 pm I'd love to voice Agatha in acts 2 & 3 of this play if possible! :) Thank you!
Welcome to Librivox. I recommend that you take the 1 minute test so we can verify that your equipment produced files we can use before you start a longer recording.

Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

Some brief directions. The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. Here is a short summary for the important special rules in drama:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Lillian Wendale, by the villian still pursued, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - doesn't have to be the same as your forum name - for example, I drop the HW and just say "Read by Todd" )

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 5-10 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 5-10 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MManolakes wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 10:18 amFaustus, Act 3, duration 4:35
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gretchen_faustus_3_128kb.mp3
hm Faustus regrets every to have mentioned priesthood in this act ;) Gretchen is a bit too pious for her own good here :lol: great job again, Mike, :thumbs: all PL ok for this act. You play pining Faustus to perfection.

Thank you

Sonia
Kathimariewalsheck

Post by Kathimariewalsheck »

Hello,

I would like to read Bessie Acts 2 and 3 please.

Kathi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you and welcome. Instructions up above should be helpful.

Thanks, Todd
Kathimariewalsheck

Post by Kathimariewalsheck »

Thanks for assigning me to Bessie Act 2 & 3 but, well... I am not sure where to find the read to record from. :)
Please assist.

Thanks bunches
Kathi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Item #4 in the first posting of this project has the link to the source text. We have been working our way through the book doing each play in turn. That first post also has much more useful information such as what to name your files and where to upload them.

(You may want to do the 1 minute test to make sure your equipment is set up properly before you do a long section.)

Thanks, Todd
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here is Dominic:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gretchen_dominic_1_128kb.mp3 1:59

May I also read Friedrich?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both. And we are full now.

(I don't normally double cast. But here the roles of Dominic and Friedrich are both separated by an act without either, so listeners should not be confused.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MManolakes wrote: September 27th, 2020, 10:13 amFaustus, Act 4, duration 4:19
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gretchen_faustus_4_128kb.mp3
quite dramatic till the end :shock: good job, Mike, thank you so much. You managed to portray Faustus with all his flaws and emotions very well throughout the play. I loved the performance and look forward to hearing it all assembled.

PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Salvationist wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:30 pmHere is Dominic:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gretchen_dominic_1_128kb.mp3 1:59
haha I love that Dominic was so chipper in the intro scene, but then quickly switched to concerned brother. Though it seems to have given him satisfaction to relate all the horrible utterances that Faustus made in his delirium :lol:

nicely done, thank you, David. All PL ok

Sonia