When is the Next Zoom Meeting? The World Wants to Know!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I think Phil posted the date and time of the next Zoom meeting, but I can't seem to find it. I think that Kevin requested a discussion of poetry. What else is on the schedule? Do we need to dress up or can we be informal?

Thanks!
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The next one will be a costume party. At least, that's what Kevin told me...
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

mightyfelix wrote: September 21st, 2020, 8:05 pm The next one will be a costume party. At least, that's what Kevin told me...
I think Kevin is coming as The Invisible Man.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

SUNDAY, NOON CENTRAL TIME. that's 12 noon = the little hand is straight up. - be there or be square
I know this is inconvenient for some but it will stay this date and time for about 3 weeks.
NOTE: I am keeping this informal and fun. Maybe we will start having official 10 minute 'presenters' in the future but it looks like work to me. If you want to do a 4 minute segment on something, just ask; I'm easy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LibriVox Chit-Chat - Poetry
Time: Sep 27, 2020 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88926698339

Meeting ID: 889 2669 8339

1) Poetry - Why is it so delightful? Who chooses it for our weekly collection? Should it be outlawed?
2) I want everyone to share one thing that they do or have done to make their recordings and/or listening area more comfortable or ergonomic or just warm and fuzzy.
3) Listeners are welcome - all you listeners can share your favorites or dislikes, and ask questions of any of us in the meeting. I can't guarantee an answer but you can ask the question.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Is there a way of my putting a photograph on zoom for my gallery image? I could try that in the absence of a video camera.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

KevinS wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 6:56 pm Is there a way of my putting a photograph on zoom for my gallery image? I could try that in the absence of a video camera.
I think your profile picture will be used. You need to open zoom and upload a picture of anything your like; a cat, a zombie, your left foot or even <gasp> your portrait :shock:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Well, I have no video camera, but I dunno about a portrait, Phil.

Is Librivox ready for that much pretty? :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 7:04 pm Well, I have no video camera, but I dunno about a portrait, Phil.

Cheers,
Chris
Only if you wear your parlor maid costume.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

mightyfelix wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 7:24 pm
SonOfTheExiles wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 7:04 pm Well, I have no video camera, but I dunno about a portrait, Phil.

Cheers,
Chris
Only if you wear your parlor maid costume.
I'm afraid the garter elastic perishes in the humid Sydney climate, tsk-tsk. :wink:

Anyway, I've set up the Zoom app with a portrait photo of me. Then I saw the next meeting time.
Central Time (CDT (UTC -5) Sun, 27 Sep 2020 midday
translates to
Sydney, Australia Time AEST (UTC +10) Mon, 28 Sep 2020 3:00am

And that's a working day. Granted I get up at 4:00am on work days, but I don't think this time is quite doable for me, at least not while I'm working.

So if anyone's wondering what I look like ... "SOTE-curious"? ... you'll have to wait until we can tic-tac on a more mutually convenient meeting-time.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. I've been told by a Librivoxer that I look like I sound. :shock:
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
smike

Post by smike »

philchenevert wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 6:41 pm SUNDAY, NOON CENTRAL TIME. that's 12 noon = the little hand is straight up. - be there or be square
I know this is inconvenient for some but it will stay this date and time for about 3 weeks.
That's perfect for Europe. :9:
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

I missed the previous Zoom meetings due to time zone shenanigans and, well, work obligations, but I reckon I’ll be able to join this one! I hope there’s room for a (relative) newbie (I’m only about 10 months old in Librivox years :mrgreen: ).
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
audiomike

Post by audiomike »

What is this "work" thing everybody keeps talking about? This is an unfamiliar term. Is it a strange Librivox secret code word that unlocks some kind of esoteric knowledge?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: September 24th, 2020, 2:46 am I missed the previous Zoom meetings due to time zone shenanigans and, well, work obligations, but I reckon I’ll be able to join this one! I hope there’s room for a (relative) newbie (I’m only about 10 months old in Librivox years :mrgreen: ).
I've been here less time than you and they haven't kicked me out of any meetings yet! :D
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Everyone is welcome who wants to talk about their LibriVox experience. I love to hear from 'new' people because they have fresh eyes and can tell me what was hard for them at the start so I can make more videos!. And this 'work' thing is also something I've heard whispered about in dark corners but surely is not something that should scare us audiomike. Probably a myth.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You know---and I hate being serious about anything---but balancing LivriVox volunteerism and family commitments and employment would be an interesting topic to add to a zoom discussion. I don't know how people do it. When I was working, 'free time' was spent mowing the lawn. I read at night tucked into bed. Saturday was for shopping, Sunday church. I really admire the folks who seem to manage all that and contributing to LV, too!