Zoom meeting video

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 21st, 2020, 11:26 am Was the last meet recorded? Sorry I couldn't attend I was grumpy and depressed.
No price is too high to pay for pickled beets.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
https://youtu.be/r_r9ZZQh8zQ

You may attend these even grumpy and depressed as long as you're cute. That's how I do it. I posted the link but in so obscure a spot even I could not find it. About your quote, everyone knows that Fred was addicted to pickled beets which caused his indigestion which caused his depression which kept him up at nights so he wrote a lot. Which explains a lot.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

:lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I would like to announce an unexpected pleasure related to my giving my city and state during the last zoom meeting, a copy of which was released on YouTube. I am the proud recipient (Is that the word?) of any number of marriage proposals. Most of the ladies will be released on parole within a year.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Oh, Kevin...Kevin, Kevin, Kevin :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSmaFOxqVo
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MaryinArkansas wrote: September 21st, 2020, 12:50 pm Oh, Kevin...Kevin, Kevin, Kevin :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSmaFOxqVo
Hahaha!
msfry

Post by msfry »

KevinS wrote: September 21st, 2020, 1:06 pm
MaryinArkansas wrote: September 21st, 2020, 12:50 pm Oh, Kevin...Kevin, Kevin, Kevin :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSmaFOxqVo
Hahaha!
Kevin doesn't need this product. He jaws enough already!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

That was a fun watch!
Kevin looks nothing like he sounds.
Anyone who uses grok as a verb is a friend of mine.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
msfry

Post by msfry »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 21st, 2020, 2:12 pm That was a fun watch!
Kevin looks nothing like he sounds.
Anyone who uses grok as a verb is a friend of mine.
I grok! Grok! Grok!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Who used Grok? I heard it but never saw who was speaking. That brings back memories!
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: September 21st, 2020, 3:02 pm Who used Grok? I heard it but never saw who was speaking. That brings back memories!
Yep. Robert Heinlein. Stranger In A Strange Land. Referring to how Martians come to understand things deeply. I believe it was Bill who said it, but can't remember the context.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I might be getting married and all you talk about is a science fiction novel?!

Incidentally, the authorities are planning a proper line up of my suitors on Saturday. ('Line up' is police talk.' Please refer to episodes of 'Dragnet' or 'I was a Communist for the FBI.')
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Kevin, if you ever want to scare off the women, get a pet (cat?) and call it Wifey. Then you can say, "Wifey and I are staying in tonight" or "I need to go shopping for Wifey."

But it does sound strange when you say, "I need to take Wifey to the vet for her shots." :roll:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: September 21st, 2020, 4:19 pm Kevin, if you ever want to scare off the women, get a pet (cat?) and call it Wifey. Then you can say, "Wifey and I are staying in tonight" or "I need to go shopping for Wifey."

But it does sound strange when you say, "I need to take Wifey to the vet for her shots." :roll:
Hahaah!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

TriciaG wrote: September 21st, 2020, 4:19 pm Kevin, if you ever want to scare off the women, get a pet (cat?) and call it Wifey. Then you can say, "Wifey and I are staying in tonight" or "I need to go shopping for Wifey."

There’s a scene in an old Australian “Dad & Dave” movie from the 1930s, where a young bloke from a neighbouring farm has come to ask Dad Rudd for the hand of his daughter in marriage. But Dad has mistakenly got the idea that the young man has come to buy one of his prize sheep-dog pups...

Dad: “Now I don’t want you spoiling her. None of this bath nonsense. If she needs a wash, toss her in the lake.”

Young Bloke: “What?! She’d never forgive me!”

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
Haha!