COMPLETE - [SOLO] Great Men and Famous Women Volume 4 edited by Charles F. HORNE (1870 - 1942) - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Great Men and Famous Women Volume 4 edited by Charles F. HORNE (1870 - 1942) by Charles F. Horne (1870 - 1942).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/great-men-and-famous-women-vol-4-by-charles-f-horne/
A Series of Pen and Pencil Sketches of the lives of more than 200 of the most prominent personages in history. Volume 4
JOHN ADAMS, LOUIS AGASSIZ, PRINCE VON BISMARCK, SIMON BOLIVAR, EDMUND BURKE, JEAN FRANÇOIS CHAMPOLLION, GROVER CLEVELAND, GEORGES CUVIER, CHARLES DARWIN, BENJAMIN DISRAELI, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, LÉON GAMBETTA, WILLIAM EWART GLADSTONE, HORACE GREELEY, ALEXANDER HAMILTON, PATRICK HENRY, ALEXANDER VON HUMBOLDT, ANDREW JACKSON, THOMAS JEFFERSON, ABRAHAM LINCOLN
WILLIAM MCKINLEY, MARIA THERESA, COUNT DE MIRABEAU, ISAAC NEWTON, DANIEL O'CONNELL, CHARLES STEWART PARNELL, JEAN HENRI PESTALOZZI, PETER THE GREAT, MAXIMILIEN ROBESPIERRE, WILLIAM HENRY SEWARD, LOUIS ADOLPHE THIERS, GEORGE WASHINGTON, DANIEL WEBSTER, WILLIAM III. OF ENGLAND. ( realisticspeakers)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26424
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography; *Non-fiction/History

Keywords that describe the book: history, biography, charles f. horne

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Great Men and Famous Women Volume 4 edited by Charles F. HORNE. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      " Great Men and Famous Women Volume 4 edited by Charles F. HORNE. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Great Men and Famous Women Volume 4 edited by Charles F. HORNE. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Great Men and Famous Women Volume 4 edited by Charles F. HORNE."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename greatmenfamouswomen4_##_horne_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. greatmenfamouswomen4_01_horne_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Ignore ID tags. These are automatically entered during the catalog process.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

I can MC for you. I'll be back in a moment with your MW.

EDIT: There you go. I shorted the file name. It's automatically entered but should only be considered a suggestion. I matched vol 1 that is in the catalog. The automatic one was awfully long. :shock:

I also took the dates out of the intro/ending. It's also an auto populate thing.

Do you have a DPL lined up? I added a tilde in case you needed one. We can stay on the launch pad for a couple of days to see if one claims you before we move to going solo.

I'll add a note now to the multi volume posting.
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: September 18th, 2020, 7:07 am I can MC for you. I'll be back in a moment with your MW.

EDIT: There you go. I shorted the file name. It's automatically entered but should only be considered a suggestion. I matched vol 1 that is in the catalog. The automatic one was awfully long. :shock:

I also took the dates out of the intro/ending. It's also an auto populate thing.

Do you have a DPL lined up? I added a tilde in case you needed one. We can stay on the launch pad for a couple of days to see if one claims you before we move to going solo.

I'll add a note now to the multi volume posting.
awesome awesome awesome! Thanks :thumbs:
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

First post is up!

Hopefully we'll get a DPL soon.

I SAID HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET A DPL SOON!
KevinS wrote:
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 20th, 2020, 10:12 pm First post is up!

Hopefully we'll get a DPL soon.

I SAID HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET A DPL SOON!
KevinS wrote:
Hahah! Why didn't you say that louder? I'm a little hard of hearing. (You should see my combination ear trumpet and spitoon.)

Sign me up!
linny

Post by linny »

Great!

Heading to going solo. Kevin you don’t have access to the MW yet but I’ll get there.
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: (You should see my combination ear trumpet and spitoon.)

Sign me up!
can't wait to hear the earwax concerto in Eb
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:01 am Great!

Heading to going solo. Kevin you don’t have access to the MW yet but I’ll get there.
You're in!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Ch. 1 PL OK!
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/greatmenfamouswomen4_02_horne_128kb.mp3
14:00
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26424/26424-h/26424-h.htm#page211

So far there is no French, no singing, and no large numbers.
It's a little disappointing, isn't it?
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: September 24th, 2020, 2:03 pm
realisticspeakers wrote: September 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/greatmenfamouswomen4_02_horne_128kb.mp3

I should do Pirates of Penzance as a solo.
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 24th, 2020, 5:13 pm
KevinS wrote: September 24th, 2020, 2:03 pm

I should do Pirates of Penzance as a solo.
That would be great! (But wait until I retire.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers

Disclaimer: