COMPLETE [FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe, Volume I by Romain Rolland-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

chulsky wrote: September 19th, 2020, 6:35 am Sec.3. Thank you, Joshua, for the pleasure! Sorry for the delay.
Another comment on a foreign word, and again you may ignore it. @1:10 "Vater Rhein", the German word Vater sounds like "Fater," (and means Father :) ).
Yuqing , may I please ask you not to erase the word count and From...to directions when you enter new ready-for-PL sections... I too may need to consult the source :-)
I could erase that when checking "PL OK"
Thank you!
Thank you, Mark. As usual your pronunciation guidance is on the mark, and I appreciate it whole-heartedly. I will fix this and resubmit.
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

chulsky wrote: September 19th, 2020, 6:35 am Sec.3. Thank you, Joshua, for the pleasure! Sorry for the delay.
Another comment on a foreign word, and again you may ignore it. @1:10 "Vater Rhein", the German word Vater sounds like "Fater," (and means Father :) ).
Yuqing , may I please ask you not to erase the word count and From...to directions when you enter new ready-for-PL sections... I too may need to consult the source :-)
I could erase that when checking "PL OK"
Thank you!
Sure! I didn't realised that until I saw this post. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

chulsky wrote: September 19th, 2020, 6:35 am I could erase that when checking "PL OK"
No need to ever erase it unless you really want to. The Notes column doesn't show up in the catalog anywhere once the project is finished ....

MaryAnn
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jpseeger wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:20 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_04_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here is section 4. Duration 29:23
Thank you! I've marked it ready for PL.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.3 PL OK! :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.4, a pleasure to listen adain, and I mark it PL OK!
A fully optional suggestion: @8:20 for more authenticity you may stress the last syllable in "PapA, PapA!" My grandchildren live in France, I know what I am talking about :-)
But I would fully understand if you don't want to open the cake box just to add another cherry on top :-)
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

chulsky wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:52 pm Sec.4, a pleasure to listen adain, and I mark it PL OK!
A fully optional suggestion: @8:20 for more authenticity you may stress the last syllable in "PapA, PapA!" My grandchildren live in France, I know what I am talking about :-)
But I would fully understand if you don't want to open the cake box just to add another cherry on top :-)
Excellent point (as usual). I will take a look to see if I can make this change without jeopardizing what's around it. For now, though, I'm just proofing section 6, so I'll complete that first.
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

chulsky wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:52 pm Sec.4, a pleasure to listen adain, and I mark it PL OK!
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_04_rolland_128kb.mp3
Here's a revised section 4 with all the "papa"s corrected as suggested. Duration: 29:23
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jeanchristophevol1_05_rolland_128kb.mp3
This is a revised section 5 to correct the two instances of "papa" in this one. Duration - 21:05
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.4,5 PL OK :thumbs:
Thank you!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.6 PL OK :thumbs:
Sorry I missed it, and thank you, Joshua, for alerting me, but this section was not announced here in the forum -- that's how I (and some other PLers) get notified!
Joshua, I hope you would consider continuing this project. This is a first rate fiction; I am surprised there are no takers. :(