[COMPLETE] Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
loon

Post by loon »

spatel2 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 7:47 pm Thanks so much. Sorry for the confusion, I am super sorry. I will definitely measure the silence better next time. What about section 9? I added the last part, and uploaded it. Did I do that correctly?
We're online at the same time - I was just typing up section 9. Let me start over.

Your edit worked but the audio level of the 3rd verse was enough lower that Checker shows the overall level is out of range.

To fix:
In Audacity -
Select the 3rd verse of the Toothbrush Brigade poem - for some reason the chorus you added is louder so leave that out of the selection.
Use the Amplify effect to add around 6 dB to just the selected portion.
Then, to make Checker super happy, select the entire recording and use the Amplify effect again to add around 2 dB to the whole thing.
Export again and upload to LibriVox.

If you wish I could probably make a video showing how I would do this. Let me know if you want to go for it yourself or you want to see a demo.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

loon wrote: September 18th, 2020, 8:02 pm
spatel2 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 7:47 pm Thanks so much. Sorry for the confusion, I am super sorry. I will definitely measure the silence better next time. What about section 9? I added the last part, and uploaded it. Did I do that correctly?
We're online at the same time - I was just typing up section 9. Let me start over.

Your edit worked but the audio level of the 3rd verse was enough lower that Checker shows the overall level is out of range.

To fix:
In Audacity -
Select the 3rd verse of the Toothbrush Brigade poem - for some reason the chorus you added is louder so leave that out of the selection.
Use the Amplify effect to add around 6 dB to just the selected portion.
Then, to make Checker super happy, select the entire recording and use the Amplify effect again to add around 2 dB to the whole thing.
Export again and upload to LibriVox.

If you wish I could probably make a video showing how I would do this. Let me know if you want to go for it yourself or you want to see a demo.
Hi! I am quite comfortable with the amplify. I don't have audacity on the device I'm using right now. I'll get this done by Monday, or in other words in two-three days. Thanks!
~ Shriya
ponomom

Post by ponomom »

I would like to claim section 19. thank you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ponomom wrote: September 19th, 2020, 1:27 pm I would like to claim section 19. thank you.
Excellent, thank you! And that makes us fully claimed, after only 6 days! :shock: It's a short little book, but I still expected it to take longer than that. This must be a record for me. :D

Welcome to LibriVox, ponomom! And congratulations on completing your test, thanks for doing that! What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It can be your real name, your forum name, or anything else you like. Have fun recording this section, and let me know if you have questions.
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Here is the updated Section 9: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_09_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3

I amplified the 3rd Verse by 6dB, and no clipping occurred:

"And now my friends a word to you
Before we leave the stage
If you teeth you would preserve
Down to a nice old age
Go get your toothbrush and water ,too,
and start this very night
to brush them clean and white."

After I did that, I amplified the whole thing by 2dB, and no clipping occurred there. Thanks for the feedback.

file duration: 6:10
~ Shriya
loon

Post by loon »

spatel2 wrote: September 20th, 2020, 2:16 pm Here is the updated Section 9: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_09_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
Section 9 is PL OK! Thanks for the fixes.

(I don't think many children today have a grandparent who runs a mill. This book is firmly set in 1916.)
kellypark2023

Post by kellypark2023 »

loon

Post by loon »

kellypark2023 wrote: September 20th, 2020, 6:01 pm Section 6 ready for PL
05:50
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_06_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
Section 6 - It Is Time That You Should Stop and A True Story - PL OK.

Note: a around 2:54 into the story and continuing on for a few seconds I hear microphone handling noise. It sounds like something is bumping against the mic housing or perhaps the mic cable. This is not so loud as to interfere with your voice, but it is loud enough to be noticeable. Please try to be careful as you move around while you are recording future chapters.

(I've had to train myself not to play with wires on my desk while recording.)
kellypark2023

Post by kellypark2023 »

loon wrote: September 20th, 2020, 6:21 pm
kellypark2023 wrote: September 20th, 2020, 6:01 pm Section 6 ready for PL
05:50
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_06_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
Section 6 - It Is Time That You Should Stop and A True Story - PL OK.

Note: a around 2:54 into the story and continuing on for a few seconds I hear microphone handling noise. It sounds like something is bumping against the mic housing or perhaps the mic cable. This is not so loud as to interfere with your voice, but it is loud enough to be noticeable. Please try to be careful as you move around while you are recording future chapters.

(I've had to train myself not to play with wires on my desk while recording.)
Thank you. I will be careful of this in the future!
Suzabelle

Post by Suzabelle »

Hello,

Here is the, hopefully, corrected recording of section 23:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_23_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3

The recording time is 4:36.

Please let me know if these corrections are PL OK.

Thank you,

Suzabelle
loon

Post by loon »

Suzabelle wrote: September 21st, 2020, 11:15 am Here is the, hopefully, corrected recording of section 23:
Well --
You got all the standard information in the beginning and end, but not in the standard form LibriVox uses. I'm inclined to say it's OK, because all the info got in there, but let's ask mightyfelix for a ruling. Devorah, OK or not OK?

Standard open would be:
Section 23 of Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.
Recording by Suzabelle.
Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones.
Your open was:
Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones section 23.
Read by Suzabelle.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.
Read by Suzabelle.
The standard close would be:
End of section 23.
Recording by Suzabelle.
End of Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones.
Your close was:
End of Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones, section 23.
Read by Suzabelle.
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Section 10: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_10_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the late recording

File Duration: 4:50
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Section 15: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_15_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3

File Duration: 3:01
~ Shriya
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

loon wrote: September 21st, 2020, 2:25 pm
Suzabelle wrote: September 21st, 2020, 11:15 am Here is the, hopefully, corrected recording of section 23:
Well --
You got all the standard information in the beginning and end, but not in the standard form LibriVox uses. I'm inclined to say it's OK, because all the info got in there, but let's ask mightyfelix for a ruling. Devorah, OK or not OK?

Standard open would be:
Section 23 of Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.
Recording by Suzabelle.
Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones.
Your open was:
Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones section 23.
Read by Suzabelle.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.
Read by Suzabelle.
The standard close would be:
End of section 23.
Recording by Suzabelle.
End of Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones.
Your close was:
End of Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks, by May Farinholt-Jones, section 23.
Read by Suzabelle.
Yes, all of the information is there, but the order that it's stated in is actually important. Please redo the beginning and end according to the script that Rich has given here.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

spatel2 wrote: September 21st, 2020, 3:32 pm Section 15: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_15_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3

File Duration: 3:01
You're not late at all! By our standards, you're quite speedy! :D For almost every porject here, readers have a timeline of one to two months to submit their sections after claiming.

This and section 10 are both in the MW, thanks so much!