COMPLETE - [SOLO] Letters of Oscar Wilde, Volume 5 (1898-1900) -lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

shreyasethi wrote: September 13th, 2020, 5:51 am Section 3 is alright but there is a very faint buzz sort of thing that recordings sometimes have, it's not at all disturbing your voice recording but it's still there. If you think it's something you can get rid of, great, otherwise the section is PL OK.
I hope I haven't increased your work by a lot.
Yes, there's not much I can do about that, really. I apply noise reduction but I don't like to apply it too strongly because it can start to have some negative effects.
Rob Marland reader section | website
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

RobMarland wrote: September 13th, 2020, 6:08 am
shreyasethi wrote: September 13th, 2020, 5:51 am Section 3 is alright but there is a very faint buzz sort of thing that recordings sometimes have, it's not at all disturbing your voice recording but it's still there. If you think it's something you can get rid of, great, otherwise the section is PL OK.
I hope I haven't increased your work by a lot.
Yes, there's not much I can do about that, really. I apply noise reduction but I don't like to apply it too strongly because it can start to have some negative effects.
Alrighty then! YOU'RE AN AMAZING ORATOR!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

I have decided to combine what would have been the sixth and final volume with the fifth, because I realised that the fifth and sixth volumes were shorter than the rest.

I have now added around 35 more letters to this project, which will now be the final volume, and have finished recording.

Shreya, I appreciate that this increases your workload, as you volunteered to PL volumes 4 and 5, not 6. So please feel free to PL until you have had enough. I’m not in any rush to get these catalogued — I just wanted to finish recording them as soon as possible.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Sections 4, 6, 7, are PL OK
Section 10
2:58- the word existence isn’t really clear
14:22- ‘from what I saw of them’ the word saw sounds like sought
15:23 the word Christianise in unclear
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

RobMarland wrote: September 14th, 2020, 9:07 am I have decided to combine what would have been the sixth and final volume with the fifth, because I realised that the fifth and sixth volumes were shorter than the rest.

I have now added around 35 more letters to this project, which will now be the final volume, and have finished recording.

Shreya, I appreciate that this increases your workload, as you volunteered to PL volumes 4 and 5, not 6. So please feel free to PL until you have had enough. I’m not in any rush to get these catalogued — I just wanted to finish recording them as soon as possible.
Don't worry I'll try to go through them all, though it may take a while since I've got a bunch of my own projects too (I can't record these days because there's never a quite place so I PL instead) :)))))

Have a great day!
-SS
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

shreyasethi wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:02 pm Sections 4, 6, 7, are PL OK
Section 10
2:58- the word existence isn’t really clear
14:22- ‘from what I saw of them’ the word saw sounds like sought
15:23 the word Christianise in unclear
Thanks, Shreya. I will wait until later to make corrections to any files that need it, so I can do them in a big batch.

If you have access to the MW, would you mind updating the Status of any file you PL to PL OK / See PL Notes as required? It's likely I will lose track if I have to do it myself as we go along. I have done it for these files.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Just to let you know, by sheer chance when doing some other research on Wilde today I found four more letters to Leonard Smithers that are PD and can be included in this collection. I have recorded them, but now I need to fit them in amongst the other letters and to update the file names for following sections.

Therefore, it would be best not to PL the project today if you were planning to. I will let you know when I have got everything organised again.

Sorry for the bother. Like I say, it was by chance that I found the letters, and I thought I was done with recording.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

OK, I have organised everything now. New letters recorded and uploaded and all files renamed.

The file previously PLed as 10 is now 11. Because I had to record the new letters anyway, I have now fixed the things you mentioned and it is ready for spot PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/letters5_11_wilde_128kb.mp3
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

RobMarland wrote: September 16th, 2020, 7:32 am Just to let you know, by sheer chance when doing some other research on Wilde today I found four more letters to Leonard Smithers that are PD and can be included in this collection. I have recorded them, but now I need to fit them in amongst the other letters and to update the file names for following sections.

Therefore, it would be best not to PL the project today if you were planning to. I will let you know when I have got everything organised again.

Sorry for the bother. Like I say, it was by chance that I found the letters, and I thought I was done with recording.
Hi
I'm so sorry I got a little caught up in some work but I'll do it myself for the sections I PL henceforth.
Thanks
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hi
As usual, AMAZING reading. There were some minor errors in some of the sections though, I hope it's not too inconvenient for you.
Section 66- 0:48- you said am instead of I am
Section 68-0:25- I wasn’t sure if “XX Write to Paris” where the xx stand probably for kisses (You didn’t speak xx) is supposed to said before Rome, 1900 which is how it is written in the letter. I’ll leave it up to you to decide the order.
Section 6- 2:29- You said at the Café de la Paix, it is in the Café de la Paix (PS whom do you think ‘him’ refers to here?)

Thanks
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Also in Section 71- 0:10 repeat: This librivox recording is in the public domain
linny

Post by linny »

Rob,
Please double check the files for 72+. I was going to delete the volume 6 files and discovered the volume 5 files in my folder only go through 71.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

linny wrote: September 19th, 2020, 7:21 am Rob,
Please double check the files for 72+. I was going to delete the volume 6 files and discovered the volume 5 files in my folder only go through 71.
OK, will do.
Last edited by RobMarland on September 19th, 2020, 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Ok, just realized that for sections 72+ the MW is only giving an error code when the file is tried to open or download.