(Complete) Perils in the Transvaal and Zululand by HC Adams-lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

debolee wrote: September 6th, 2020, 10:19 pm Hello! I'd be happy to take Chapters 21 to the end. Thank you~
Thank you for claiming.
debolee

Post by debolee »

Hello,

Here is chapter 21. If there are no issues after the PL, I will record the rest of my chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perils_21_adams_128kb.mp3

Thank you!
Deb
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

debolee wrote: September 8th, 2020, 2:15 am Hello,

Here is chapter 21. If there are no issues after the PL, I will record the rest of my chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perils_21_adams_128kb.mp3

Thank you!
Deb
Thank you. How long is it please?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 21 PL OK
Very nice reading :clap:
debolee

Post by debolee »

Lynnet wrote: September 9th, 2020, 8:52 am Ch 21 PL OK
Very nice reading :clap:
Hi! Sorry that I didn't include the length. It is 23:27.
And thank you very much! I'll move on to the rest of the chapters. :thumbs:

Deb
markfriendlds

Post by markfriendlds »

Lynnet,
It's ok to have breath sounds in the recording? Or do you want those removed? I've been removing them, but notice that I consistently hear them with other readers. That would save me a lot of time if we can leave them in. Please advise.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

markfriendlds wrote: September 13th, 2020, 7:14 pm Lynnet,
It's ok to have breath sounds in the recording? Or do you want those removed? I've been removing them, but notice that I consistently hear them with other readers. That would save me a lot of time if we can leave them in. Please advise.
Some are OK...if it sounds like you're running a marathon or making an indecent phone call, cut them out 8-) --also if you're recording with a cold -- but if it's just normal breathing, it's OK to leave them. Listeners have consistently said they prefer to know the reader is alive than have the recording sound too robotic.
roboro

Post by roboro »

Hi
I am willing to try to do Chapter 14. If it goes well, I might volunteer for a couple more chapters.
I'll try work on this tonight, if it's okay to go ahead.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

roboro wrote: September 14th, 2020, 10:38 am Hi
I am willing to try to do Chapter 14. If it goes well, I might volunteer for a couple more chapters.
I'll add you to the MW
roboro

Post by roboro »

Lynnet wrote: September 14th, 2020, 10:56 am
I'll add you to the MW

Hi
Here is chapter 14:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perils_14_adams_128kb.mp3

26:30.52 (m:ss.ss)

I seem to be coming down with a cold... so by the end of this chapter I was struggling. Hopefully the recording is still good. It checks out in Checker and I have given it a rough listen and it sounds okay. I reworked a few sections, so there is a small possibility that there could be repeats, but I did scan over it as best I could.

This is the biggest recording I have done... I have new-found respect for solo volunteers.

Let me know if anything needs fixing.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

roboro wrote: September 14th, 2020, 3:58 pm
I'll add you to the MW

Hi
Here is chapter 14:

I seem to be coming down with a cold... so by the end of this chapter I was struggling. Hopefully the recording is still good. It checks out in Checker and I have given it a rough listen and it sounds okay. I reworked a few sections, so there is a small possibility that there could be repeats, but I did scan over it as best I could.

This is the biggest recording I have done... I have new-found respect for solo volunteers.

Thank you.
Summer colds always seem worse than winter colds :? Hope you shake it quickly.
When you say you gave it 'a rough listen'... how rough? The goal is to have it publishable when you submit it, and editing takes on average 3 times as long as the final piece.
roboro

Post by roboro »

Lynnet wrote: September 14th, 2020, 4:18 pm
roboro wrote: September 14th, 2020, 3:58 pm

I'll add you to the MW

Hi
Here is chapter 14:

Thank you.
Summer colds always seem worse than winter colds :? Hope you shake it quickly.
When you say you gave it 'a rough listen'... how rough? The goal is to have it publishable when you submit it, and editing takes on average 3 times as long as the final piece.
I spent about 4 hours on editing... so not that rough. I have just listened to the final piece end-to-end without interruption, and there are no repeats or any content omissions. My main concern is that the volume seems to dip a little around half-way through. It is not significant, but probably somewhere around that point I did a retake after getting a glass of water and I possibly sat further from the mic. I don't think it warrants a re-record and although I could try to boost the audio from that point, I think it flows okay.

I am willing to volunteer chapter 15 as well, but it may take me a day or two to get around to it.
roboro

Post by roboro »

Here is chapter 15
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perils_15_adams_128kb.mp3

25:38.09 (m:ss.ss)

I ran this through checker and gave it a listen through. There are no repeats and it is content complete as far as I can tell. Volume is a little inconsistent. I need to learn to stop taking breaks between takes and should just read from end to end... ho hum. Hopefully I will improve in time and this is good enough for use.

Thanks
Ro
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

roboro wrote: September 15th, 2020, 3:48 pm Here is chapter 15
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perils_15_adams_128kb.mp3

25:38.09 (m:ss.ss)

I ran this through checker and gave it a listen through. There are no repeats and it is content complete as far as I can tell. Volume is a little inconsistent. I need to learn to stop taking breaks between takes and should just read from end to end... ho hum. Hopefully I will improve in time and this is good enough for use.

Thanks
Ro
Thank you. Will listen to both tomorrow (crazy day today...).
It gets easier the more you do it 8-)
markfriendlds

Post by markfriendlds »

Here is Chapter 11.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/perils_11_adams_128kb.mp3
25m 55s
Let me know is you want the breath sounds edited out.