[COMPLETE] Aggressive Christianity: Practical Sermons, Catherine Booth-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ahikam546

Post by ahikam546 »

Hi, here's chapter 6 - THE FRUITS OF UNION WITH CHRIST

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_06_booth_128kb.mp3

Length:00:28:43

Thanks for the opportunity. It was a blessing to read this chapter

Ahikam Devadason
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 1 and 3 are PL OK. Thank you, Eric. You sound like a pro.

I've downloaded section 6.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 6 is PL OK. Thank you, Ahikam.
Pattymarie
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

I have completed Sermon 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_02_booth_128kb.mp3
Time: 31:59

I truly love these sermons.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 2 PL Notes

The reading is PL OK and beautiful, Renée (spelling?). The volume, though it does just barely fall in the desired range, is appreciably lower enough than the other files that have come in that listeners will probably have to raise the volume on their devices for this file--I did--and then lower it again for the others. Your file has a volume of 86.8 dB, while the others are at or just a tiny bit below 89. It would make the entire production smoother and more uniform if you would amplify yours up to 89 or 88.8. In case you need it, here's a video showing how to amplify a file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw . You can find a treasure trove of instructional videos by scrolling further down the wiki to Resources under which "Instructional videos" will be the next to last clickable item. Amplification is always trial and error for me until I hit what I want or near it. Incidentally, you can de-amplify, too, by moving the indicator leftwards into negative numbers.

You can see what volume you've attained by putting the file through the Checker tool that you find and obtain by clicking on the three white lines in the upper left corner of the forum page; choose "Guidelines for Listeners and Volunteers (Librivox wiki)"; scroll down to the section labeled "Recording" in a shaded bar; under Recording find Tools down a bit in the right hand column, and Checker will be the first tool offered. Click on "Checker tool" and follow the download instructions. You just drag and drop your mp3 file into the Checker tool, and it analyses it for desired specs, including volume, and gives you a report in the "Information" tab.

If all that is more than you want to undertake, I'll do it. I just thought it would be good to give you the chance to expand your skills and knowledge of what's available at Librivox.

So glad you love these sermons, too. :D
Pattymarie
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

pattymarie wrote: September 14th, 2020, 12:41 pm Section 2 PL Notes

The reading is PL OK and beautiful, Renée (spelling?). The volume, though it does just barely fall in the desired range, is appreciably lower enough than the other files that have come in that listeners will probably have to raise the volume on their devices for this file--I did--and then lower it again for the others. Your file has a volume of 86.8 dB, while the others are at or just a tiny bit below 89. It would make the entire production smoother and more uniform if you would amplify yours up to 89 or 88.8. In case you need it, here's a video showing how to amplify a file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw . You can find a treasure trove of instructional videos by scrolling further down the wiki to Resources under which "Instructional videos" will be the next to last clickable item. Amplification is always trial and error for me until I hit what I want or near it. Incidentally, you can de-amplify, too, by moving the indicator leftwards into negative numbers.

You can see what volume you've attained by putting the file through the Checker tool that you find and obtain by clicking on the three white lines in the upper left corner of the forum page; choose "Guidelines for Listeners and Volunteers (Librivox wiki)"; scroll down to the section labeled "Recording" in a shaded bar; under Recording find Tools down a bit in the right hand column, and Checker will be the first tool offered. Click on "Checker tool" and follow the download instructions. You just drag and drop your mp3 file into the Checker tool, and it analyses it for desired specs, including volume, and gives you a report in the "Information" tab.

If all that is more than you want to undertake, I'll do it. I just thought it would be good to give you the chance to expand your skills and knowledge of what's available at Librivox.

So glad you love these sermons, too. :D
Thanks for providing all of these resources, Patty! I'm sure they will be of great help. I also wanted to mention, in case you don't know, that MCs have the ability to automatically normalize volume for all files during the cataloguing process, and usually do. I do it for every project. We can only adjust by a little bit, so it's important to be somewhere in that 86-92 range. But I just want you to know that it will be further adjusted by me. :)
GillH

Post by GillH »

Can I take Section 7?
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

Hello,
Here is Chapter 4, Assurance of Salvation.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_4_booth_128kb.mp3

Time: 31:47

Thank you, I enjoyed it.

If you are happy can I do chapter 5, How Christ Transcends the Law too?

Thank you
Blessings
Linda
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

GillH wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:51 am Can I take Section 7?
You certainly may, with pleasure!
Thank you.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Linda777 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 7:17 am Hello,
Here is Chapter 4, Assurance of Salvation.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_4_booth_128kb.mp3

Time: 31:47

Thank you, I enjoyed it.

If you are happy can I do chapter 5, How Christ Transcends the Law too?

Thank you
Blessings
Linda
Thank you!
You will have a report soon.
I have put you in for Chapter 5.
That brings is to being fully subscribed!

I recorded the last chapter but I lost it in my hard disk crash.
I should know in a week or so if it can be recovered.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

mightyfelix wrote: September 14th, 2020, 2:08 pm
Thanks for providing all of these resources, Patty! I'm sure they will be of great help. I also wanted to mention, in case you don't know, that MCs have the ability to automatically normalize volume for all files during the cataloguing process, and usually do. I do it for every project. We can only adjust by a little bit, so it's important to be somewhere in that 86-92 range. But I just want you to know that it will be further adjusted by me. :)
Thanks for letting me know that MCs can and do normalize volume during cataloguing. I had wondered whether they did that and am glad to know they do. I only noticed a few days ago that you are the MC for this project. That's delightful, too. :D
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 4 PL notes:

Thank you, Linda. The reading is PL OK, but the words "End of Aggressive Christianity: Practical Sermons, by Catherine Booth" are only for the end of the last file of the project, so please snip out that phrase and re-upload and the file will be good to go.
Pattymarie
crhorne42

Post by crhorne42 »

I did upload another file for chapter/sermon 2 with the volume changed. I'm sorry I didn't notice this would be done by someone else. It's there in case you want to use the update.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_02_booth_128kb.mp3

My son helped with with the Audacity side of things. Turns out he took a course in college on using this program! He was a trumpet performance major.
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

pattymarie wrote: September 15th, 2020, 12:11 pm Section 4 PL notes:

Thank you, Linda. The reading is PL OK, but the words "End of Aggressive Christianity: Practical Sermons, by Catherine Booth" are only for the end of the last file of the project, so please snip out that phrase and re-upload and the file will be good to go.
:shock: What was I thinking.... Sorry.
Here is the new one: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_4_booth_128kb.mp3

Time: 31:41

Thank you
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

Hi,

Here is Chapter 5, How Christ Transcends The Law.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aggressivechristianity_5_booth_128kb.mp3

Time: 33:01

Thank you, this is truly a great book.

Blessings
Linda