[COMPLETE]Greater Life and Work of Christ by A. Patterson-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

mightyfelix wrote: August 30th, 2020, 8:42 am You'll upload to mightyfelix. Only forum names are listed in that drop down box.

No need to be nervous! We were all new once. Try to relax and enjoy the process, and remember that you're your own worst critic. The things you hear that bother you when you listen to your own recording probably won't even be noticed by someone else. This is a difficult text as well, so don't feel bad if you decide you'd rather get some practice on something shorter and easier and then come back to this. :)
I think I am going to have to practice some more. The text isn't my problem. Its my settings. I may be being to critical lol. But I think I'll have to try some smaller projects first. I don't wanna discourage myself lol
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

DaisyMae65 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 2:27 pm
mightyfelix wrote: August 30th, 2020, 8:42 am You'll upload to mightyfelix. Only forum names are listed in that drop down box.

No need to be nervous! We were all new once. Try to relax and enjoy the process, and remember that you're your own worst critic. The things you hear that bother you when you listen to your own recording probably won't even be noticed by someone else. This is a difficult text as well, so don't feel bad if you decide you'd rather get some practice on something shorter and easier and then come back to this. :)
I think I am going to have to practice some more. The text isn't my problem. Its my settings. I may be being to critical lol. But I think I'll have to try some smaller projects first. I don't wanna discourage myself lol
I totally understand. It's not as easy as it seems at first! :D Now, just to clarify: you are still planning to come back to this project after practicing with others, and complete these sections (I hope)? Or would you prefer that I open them up to other readers? You have until Halloween-ish anyway, so I don't ask this to put any sort of pressure on you. Just checking to see what you'd like to do. :)
DaisyMae65

Post by DaisyMae65 »

That is my plan. I will let you know if I still don't think I'm up to it after I get some practicing in
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great, thanks for confirming!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, that was an experience! A bit longer than I had anticipated, but very engrossing discussion and some good insights. I'd love to have a discussion with this author! A few points on his soteriology I'd like to clear up. :wink:

Anyway, here you have Section 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_11_patterson_128kb.mp3 41:38
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Larry!

Yes, this book has been utterly fascinating so far, and quite different from what I've heard or read before. I've found a lot to admire and a lot that made me scratch my head. A lot that has made me think deeply and a lot that touched my heart.

I'm looking forward to hearing your section! (Not tonight, though.) :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, we have a few more open chapters now, and may have some more orphans in a few days.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: September 9th, 2020, 10:51 am Well, that was an experience! A bit longer than I had anticipated, but very engrossing discussion and some good insights. I'd love to have a discussion with this author! A few points on his soteriology I'd like to clear up. :wink:

Anyway, here you have Section 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_11_patterson_128kb.mp3 41:38
Great work, Larry! You made my job easy! I really enjoyed listening to this one. Text is all fine. Just one correction at the very beginning.

Intro should be "Chapter 5, part 1 of The Greater Life..." Part number is missing.

Thanks again!
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

May I claim Chapter 4, part 3 please? :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kristine1990 wrote: September 10th, 2020, 7:39 pm May I claim Chapter 4, part 3 please? :)
You certainly may, thank you!
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

Thanks mightyfelix :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two more sections just opened up, if anyone is interested.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:38 pm May I have 7 and 8?

Oh, and here is the corrected intro:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_11_patterson_128kb.mp3
Thanks! 11 is PL ok, and your claims are in. :D
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

HI again,

I see the window says on Chapter 5, part 3, see PL notes.
Is there some notes that I missed or was it the last part where I answered?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here and don't want to be the one responsible for holding the book back.

Thank you
Blessings
Linda