Zoom?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

sorry I missed the third session. Is it true you posted the video somewhere? I'd love to see it.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote: September 14th, 2020, 7:56 am sorry I missed the third session. Is it true you posted the video somewhere? I'd love to see it.
Not yet, I am looking for a place to upload it and then a place to post the link. (I have been kicked off of YouTube for two weeks) :roll:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: September 14th, 2020, 8:57 am
msfry wrote: September 14th, 2020, 7:56 am sorry I missed the third session. Is it true you posted the video somewhere? I'd love to see it.
Not yet, I am looking for a place to upload it and then a place to post the link. (I have been kicked off of YouTube for two weeks) :roll:
Do you have your own IA channel? You can upload it there. Or, what about uploading to Dropbox. Or maybe you have OneDrive (1 TB comes free with Microsoft 365) on your computer. And then there is iCloud which comes with your iPhone and syncs with your computer thru iTunes. Lots of options.

Why would YouTube kick you off? Maybe you need to buy a subscription due to volume of usage and not being monetized.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Why would YouTube kick you off? Maybe you need to buy a subscription due to volume of usage and not being monetized.
I digitized a bunch of 20 year old VHS tapes for my son of his kids and family. YouTube thought that some violated community standards. Nothing really, just some babies in diapers and running in puddles and roughhousing and birthday parties and your normal old VHS things but they said two of them were inappropriate and so I am kicked off for 2 weeks. No nudity at all. I appealed but they said nope.

I will use Dropbox or Google Docs for the meeting video.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

philchenevert wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:34 am YouTube thought that some violated community standards. Nothing really, just some babies in diapers and running in puddles and roughhousing and birthday parties and your normal old VHS things but they said two of them were inappropriate and so I am kicked off for 2 weeks. No nudity at all. I appealed but they said nope.
Speaking of noodity, in my working life several years ago, one of my co-workers was researching markets on dairy farming. One of the websites he looked at had a nice picture of cows grazing in a pasture...all with their udders blacked out. 🐄 :shock: :D
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:34 am
I digitized a bunch of 20 year old VHS tapes for my son of his kids and family. YouTube thought that some violated community standards. Nothing really, just some babies in diapers and running in puddles and roughhousing and birthday parties and your normal old VHS things but they said two of them were inappropriate and so I am kicked off for 2 weeks. No nudity at all. I appealed but they said nope.

I will use Dropbox or Google Docs for the meeting video.
But this Beyonce video of her playing in puddles and roughhousing around hasn't been kicked off! Over 500 million views and counting!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY

Please post the link when that Zoom session is up!