Zoom?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

MichaelMaggs wrote: September 10th, 2020, 10:17 am Hi all

Having missed the earlier meetings, I thought I should be able to get to this, but unfortunately the time does not work well for Europe. If I've calculated correctly, that's 3 am in the UK. :cry:

Would love to join another time.
Oh poop, I am very sorry to hear that Michael. 3 am is very very early and we understand. I do plan to record this one and post the link to the video and also a separate one to the audio. So whatever astoundingly amazing things happen will be available to all. Hopefully someone in Europe will host a LivriVox zoom meeting one of these days. Just curious, what times would be best for you.?
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

I'm pretty flexible (just not 3am flexible :) ). Any time between 7am and 10pm in London would be quite OK.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

there are online international time displayer Phil - just find one that works for you, It's much easier than trying to work it out especially with summer times added - for example I know we are 10 hours behind London in real time but as we are in the southern hemisphere then sometimes it becomes 11 and other times 9 depending on the season in both places . And if I fly to the USA I arrive yesterday :D :D

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Phil,

This might help -

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

...crossposted with Anne.
Jo
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

1600 hours US Central Time might be a workable time for most everyone. Not perfect but it wouldn't be terribly, terribly late for London or terribly, terribly early for Japan (and Australia?) It would be hard, though, on our German and Latvian members (etc.)

I tell you, though. The meetings so far have been pretty satisfying and informative. Each region should try to sponsor their own meetings if they are even a little inclined toward it.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

So far I think you've had meetings that different regions could attend. 10:00 am Eastern is early/mid afternoon for Europe, for example, but not so good for the west coast. Then you had a 9:00 pm one (if I remember correctly?) which is good for the west coast and for Australia/Pacific Rim, but not so good for Europe. In a global world, you can't please everyone all the time. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Maybe do it on a Saturday? Then at least people have Sunday to catch up on sleep?

Just a suggestion. I"m not planning on coming anyway. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Our 3rd ZOOM Chit-Chat, Glee, Perloo & Quilting meeting is set for this evening at 9 pm central.
I apologize to the people who live in parts of our wonderful world where this is not a good time. But I welcome those who can make it. Our Agenda will be 1) How do you keep track of your commitments 2) How are you dealing with the pandemic and how do you think it is affecting LV. 3) Your recording set up and the worst and best things about it. 5) Authors you find easiest to read and those you find most difficult and why 7) cats, dogs, birds and other pets. We had a beautiful little bird join us last week hopefully she can come back. Let's see our LV pets. and many more. If these invites are getting obnoxious just let me know of a better way to post 'em. I plan to keep on having Zoom meetings several time a month and hope to set a permanent time. I also hope that someone on the opposite side of the earth can host one for those left out.

Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LibriVox Chit-Chat & Sharing Zoom Meeting
Time: Sep 13, 2020 09:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72321879419?pwd=ck1QNTNhWCtuR2tRWksvSTFobFMxUT09

Meeting ID: 723 2187 9419
Passcode: 3dbnUL
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I've been working on the Club Cheer, as you requested Phil. I've labored over it for days and am greatly satisfied with the result. (For our British readers, you might say I am 'chuffed,' which sounds painful to me, but ... well ... there you go.)

So here is the cheer:

"Go team!"

I really don't think we need a second verse so long as we shout this cheer very loudly.

Can't wait to try it out!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Another fun meeting! Informative and entertaining with some newcomers, too. Thank you, Phil, for hosting us. It sounds like Lynda will be helping, too, in future.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

But I wanted to meet Phil’s kitties. 😺😼😽
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, yes, we forgot to include pets this time. Ah, well. My kitties don't enjoy Zoom and so they were hiding somewhere.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Another fun and informative meeting! Next time the household pets must join us -- and we must practice Kevin's LV cheer.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

My three cats said they 'might' make a showing if I bribe them.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I had a great time and look forward to the next one! My birds go to bed when the baby does or their screaming keeps him awake but perhaps they can make an appearance next time :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings