COMPLETE[PLAY]Two Pastorals by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cage wrote a piece of music where the pianist comes out on stage, sits at the keyboard, does nothing for 4 minutes, and then leaves. The idea is that the audience will each imagine what they might want to have heard and what it might have sounded like.

Before you curl your lip in disgust at such modernity, isn't this sorta like the way someone might imagine all our actors are dressed and moving about the stage when they hear one of our audioplays?

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 12th, 2020, 5:41 amCage wrote a piece of music where the pianist comes out on stage, sits at the keyboard, does nothing for 4 minutes, and then leaves. The idea is that the audience will each imagine what they might want to have heard and what it might have sounded like.
ah so this piece by Cage can also be played by tonedeaf people who don't know how to play the piano

A bit like hanging up a white canvass and the prospective buyers can imagine any nice landscape they want on it ?

Feels a bit like cheating to me :lol:
Before you curl your lip in disgust at such modernity, isn't this sorta like the way someone might imagine all our actors are dressed and moving about the stage when they hear one of our audioplays?
didn't curl my lips but had my eyes incredulously wide open when I read it. And it's not the same, at least our audience HEARS our play. We don't give a 30-minute blank recording and they can imagine the play. :lol:

If so, our new voice credits should run: "Lycas, quiet by Adrian Stephens"

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cage gave audience visual, but no audio. We provide audio but no visual. In both cases much is left to the imagination....

(Not that I'd ever go watch that Cage piece performed....)

Thanks, Todd
Hubert63

Post by Hubert63 »

I would be willing to take on the role of Acanthe, if that is acceptable (as it appears unclaimed). Is there a file somewhere that gives us the way we are to say each person's name? Some of them can be said different ways depending on the way an actor talks.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I don't care about matching pronunciations - I treat the different ways of saying names as accents, part of characterization. So long as you are consistent within your own file that's okay.

Thanks, Todd
Hubert63

Post by Hubert63 »

If needed, I see that in the second pastoral "Philene" (#22) still is open. I would be more than willing to take that role as well.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kathimariewalsheck

Post by Kathimariewalsheck »

Hello,

I would like to claim (read) for 5 Daphne, shepherdess, Act 1 please.

Kind Regards,
Kathi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I read Tyrene?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Salvationist

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Salvationist wrote: September 28th, 2020, 4:11 pmHere is the first act for Tyrene:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twopastorals_tyrene_1_128kb.mp3 1:04
excellent, David, thank you so much. Poor Tyrène, cruelly abused by Eroxène (that's me, btw :mrgreen: ) You are dutifully pining away, I see ;)

PL ok.

Sonia
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Kitty wrote: September 29th, 2020, 5:11 am excellent, David, thank you so much. Poor Tyrène, cruelly abused by Eroxène (that's me, btw :mrgreen: ) You are dutifully pining away, I see ;)

PL ok.

Sonia
Here's the second act for Tyrène:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twopastorals_tyrene_2_128kb.mp3 54 seconds

Thanks for the encouragement, Sonia! Having recorded the second act, I hold out hopes that I won't be pining forever. But then again, Molière didn't finish writing the play, so I guess we'll never know. :P
Salvationist