COMPLETE[PLAY]Dan'l Druce, Blacksmith by W. S. Gilbert - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 10th, 2020, 8:59 amAct 1 ready for final PL. Great acting!
*sniffles into handkerchief* what a tearing at the audience's heartstrings. But awesomely acted out by each one of you guys :clap: And wonderfully edited together, Todd. :thumbs:

First act is PL ok.

Thank you for this agreeable half hour.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You thought Act 1 tore at the old heartstrings? Wait until Act 2 then (which is all ready except for the one missing line). It will be a multi-handkerchief act.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 11th, 2020, 4:39 amYou thought Act 1 tore at the old heartstrings? Wait until Act 2 then (which is all ready except for the one missing line). It will be a multi-handkerchief act.
stocking up on them now !

Yes I thought the final scene was quite emotional. But I agree...it gets moister the further we get into the play. :lol:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here are the missing lines for Geoffrey. I put them in one file so you can grab them easily and put them in your draft files:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/danldruce_geoffrey_missinglines_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: September 11th, 2020, 2:38 pm Here are the missing lines for Geoffrey. I put them in one file so you can grab them easily and put them in your draft files:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/danldruce_geoffrey_missinglines_128kb.mp3
I PL'd these and finished off Acts 2 and 3, ready for final PL. Have the hankies ready!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 11th, 2020, 7:00 pmI PL'd these and finished off Acts 2 and 3, ready for final PL. Have the hankies ready!
just had an agreeable (but sobbing) one and a half hour of listening pleasure here. A very great job from all involved, and beautifully assembled. :9: Moist hankies thrown away right after this post. :mrgreen:

Both Acts PL ok and the project is ready for the catalogue. Looking forward to seeing you all in the next Gilbert !

PS Todd: unfortunately you had only a speaking role in the first act, so you need to take yourself out from the other two acts...btw the rest of the cast is not in there yet. ;)

Thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging.

I can't remove myself from one of the "Act x" sections until I have put someone else in there or it reverts to "OPEN" - so I remove myself only after I make all the final assignments of readers to acts and delete all the individual reader file sections. Done now.

By the way, everyone, there is more Gilbert acomin'. His version of Faust... (Another tragic excursion far from the madcap frivolity of the Gilbert and Sullivan world, which I think Gilbert started to detest.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/danl-druce-blacksmith-by-w-s-gilbert/

Thank you all, and especially our DPL Sonia!

Todd