Anyone a potterhead?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

Does anyone here LOVES Harry Potter books or I am the only one?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I just never got into them. Nor the Narnia series.

But Tolkien I love.

Go figure.
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

Oh! I have never heard of it before. But I'll surely read it if it is good
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Laveena27 wrote: ↑September 10th, 2020, 9:44 am Oh! I have never heard of it before. But I'll surely read it if it is good
Start with the Hobbit is my suggestion. I hope you'll enjoy it.
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

Thanks, I'll go to that
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yes I love Harry Potter!!! The Half-Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows are my two favs. But I do agree with Kevin..... I love Narnia as well, J.R.R. Tolkien actually not so much though they are good.
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

Really? Me too!! I think that half blood Prince is the best and after that is the deathly hallows!!
topazann

Post by topazann »

I was a huge Harry Potter fan as a kid. I read all the books several times, even listening to one book on cassette and reading another! I can still answer the odd Potter question in a pub quiz, and enjoy reminiscing with other Potter fans, but I'd never reread them. The writing isn't great, and there's no point rereading it all with an adult reader's eye - I'd just be disappointed. It should be left in the past, as the wonderful imaginary children's world it is. It's a fantastic children's book and JK Rowling did wonders for encouraging reading amongst kids.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

topazann wrote: ↑September 12th, 2020, 1:42 am The writing isn't great, and there's no point rereading it all with an adult reader's eye - I'd just be disappointed. It should be left in the past, as the wonderful imaginary children's world it is.
I don't think it's necessarily a children's series.....there are some powerful themes of love and hope and sacrifice in there that are applicable to adults and kids alike πŸ’• Dumbledore is an amazing character, and Snape is definitely my favorite, because he's such a strong, self-sacrificial character. It's your choice if you want to read it again or not, but I'd definitely recommend that you do- you might be surprised. :wink:

I didn't end up liking the movies that much. The best part was Snape's memories in Deathly Hallows pt. 2, I ended up crying during that sequence :lol:
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

I'm a Harry Potter fan. Proud Ravenclaw here! :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I suspect that many LVers would be sorted into Ravenclaw. What with the reading for fun and all.

Signed,

Yet another Ravenclaw
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

I agree with you, mightyfelix. :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yes, I'm definitely a Ravenclaw, but actually my personality is probably more Hufflepuff :lol:
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

So you're a HuffleClaw JayKitty. :thumbs: :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Kristine1990 wrote: ↑September 18th, 2020, 7:45 pm So you're a HuffleClaw JayKitty. :thumbs: :lol:
I guess you could say that :lol: :lol: I do like the "sweet" personality that Hufflepuffs are supposed to have, but I took the official test and it said I was a Ravenclaw (maybe the fact that I'd choose to make a love potion out of all the possible potions, or the fact that I'm a huge reader.) Or I suppose the combination could be called a Ravenpuff :lol: But my best friend did tell me I was mostly Slytherin, so..... :lol: