[COMPLETE] Sasha, by Aleksandr Kuprin - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

kwdavids wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:00 am
That Russian language version is WONDERFUL. It has the stress marks, what I need more than anything!

Immediately I see that that the "ou" is just one letter in Russian that would be pronounced like "ou" in "soup." And seeing the original, there is a Russian "hard sign" after the 't' in Fedot, making it certain that it's not silent. So two big mistakes averted. Thanks!
You are a better person than am I.
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

KevinS wrote: July 8th, 2020, 7:16 am
kwdavids wrote: July 8th, 2020, 6:52 am I could use some advice on pronunciation.

One is Timofeev-Soumskoi, particularly whether the ou is one syllable or two. I'm thinking "soh OOMs coy". Another is "Fedot," where I am thinking the "t" is silent, guessing that the name is French rather than Russian.
These are from "How I became an actor" part IX.

Does anyone know where I can find an e-text in Russian? It's hard enough figuring out the pronunciation without having to reverse-engineer the translator.
Perhaps this will help? https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/101835185
That Russian language version is WONDERFUL. It has the stress marks, what I need more than anything!

Immediately I see that that the "ou" is just one letter in Russian that would be pronounced like "ou" in "soup." And seeing the original, there is a Russian "hard sign" after the 't' in Fedot, making it certain that it's not silent. So two big mistakes averted. Thanks!
Hi! I confirm ou = u and not silent t)
Timofeev = timofieyev)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 8th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Hi! I confirm ou = u and not silent t)
Timofeev = timofieyev)
Thank you!
maryOfRohan

Post by maryOfRohan »

Hello everyone!
I am very sorry for being absent for more than a month! Unfortunately, at the end of June (29.06.2020) I was hospitalized because of a serious health condition, related to COVID19. I returned to work and regular life about 10 days ago and now I can continue my little project right here, if you allow me of course (actually, I am so happy you didn't reassigned my part to somebody else :)
I now have 5/6 recorded sections of Emerald. I think I will be able to updoad the whole part this weekend.
Again, I am really sorry for this situation :/
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

maryOfRohan wrote: August 21st, 2020, 2:16 am Hello everyone!
I am very sorry for being absent for more than a month! Unfortunately, at the end of June (29.06.2020) I was hospitalized because of a serious health condition, related to COVID19. I returned to work and regular life about 10 days ago and now I can continue my little project right here, if you allow me of course (actually, I am so happy you didn't reassigned my part to somebody else :)
I now have 5/6 recorded sections of Emerald. I think I will be able to updoad the whole part this weekend.
Good heavens! I'm so pleased you are feeling better and hope that you will continue to grower stronger.
maryOfRohan

Post by maryOfRohan »

KevinS wrote: August 21st, 2020, 5:00 am
maryOfRohan wrote: August 21st, 2020, 2:16 am Hello everyone!
Good heavens! I'm so pleased you are feeling better and hope that you will continue to grower stronger.
Thank you Kevin!
maryOfRohan

Post by maryOfRohan »

Hello! At laaast, I did it!
I hope the quality is ok )
Part 6, Emerald:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Emerald.mp3
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

maryOfRohan wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:41 am Hello! At laaast, I did it!
Part 6, Emerald:
Wonderful! Wonderful! I'll have a listen shortly. Thank you!

I better get to work on my part of the project!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FYI, I've renamed that file to sasha_06_kuprin_128kb.mp3 in the uploader and in the MW. Much easier for me in the future, when I'm clueless as to what project "Emerald" belongs to. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: September 8th, 2020, 8:12 am FYI, I've renamed that file to sasha_06_kuprin_128kb.mp3 in the uploader and in the MW. Much easier for me in the future, when I'm clueless as to what project "Emerald" belongs to. ;)
Thank you, Tricia. I was going to do the same. You beat me to it. I'll point this out to the reader when the story gets PLed.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

3 and 14 are PL OK. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: September 10th, 2020, 1:06 pm 3 and 14 are PL OK. :)
That's great to hear! Thank you very much for PLing!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

maryOfRohan wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:41 am Hello! At laaast, I did it!
Part 6, Emerald:
Ah, such a story...

You read wonderfully and I think that maybe you know horses.

There is only one textual criticism and that is a small, small matter. I think you may wish to shorten the pause that comes right before 40:20. This current pause sounds awkward.

The large problem is that the recording has varying---and dramatic---volumes. Do you know how to correct this? If not, I will be happy to help you.

Again, wonderful reading.
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

Just a note that I am recording again. IX and X read in Section 9.
Kevin
At the last moment, I decided not to read this section in my "talk like a pirate" voice.